You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, July 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is a colorful new art installation you can check out next to the La Brea Tar Pits from June 28 to November 24. Open daily, admission is free. FREE
2. [noon] The popular annual Hello Kitty Art Show returns to the Corey Helford Gallery with over 100 artists from around the globe focused on examining Hello Kitty and her influence on popular culture. The gallery is open Tuesday-Saturday from noon to 6 p.m. and the exhibition will be on view until August 3.FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Echo in the Canyon (Jakob Dylan & Jade Castrinos) comes to Amoeba Hollywood to perform music by The Mamas and The Papas, The Byrds and Buffalo Springfield to promote the release of the Echo in the Canyon documentary soundtrack.
4. [7 p.m.] Social Lingo Language Exchange Party at Solidarity in Santa Monica.
5. [7 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema is back for the sixth year in a row. From June 11 through August 27 Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and Peroni Nastro Azzurro. Bridesmaids will be screened this week.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Patton Oswalt will stop by The Laugh Factory this Tuesday with some big name friends that include Dane Cook, Michael Rapaport and Guy Groves. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7:30 p.m.] Groove to the sounds of Nile Rodgers & CHIC as they take the stage with the LA Phil for a three night Disco Throwdown as dazzling fireworks set the skies above aglow at the Hollywood Bowl’s annual July 4th Fireworks Spectacular happening July 2-4. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach brings a summer-long series of free outdoor movie screenings on the shores of the LBC to three different locations near Downtown Long Beach and Belmont Shore. The series continues with Jaws at Granada Beach. Screenings happen on select Tuesdays and Thursdays through August 20. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Doctor Who happy hour at the Fox and Hounds in Studio City.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to Americafest at the Rose Bowl (via Goldstar)