You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, July 20, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] The El Segundo Art Walk takes place every third Thursday of the summer months featuring 40+ artists in 35 venues, live music, great food and tours of artist studios in downtown El Segundo and in Smoky Hollow. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] Concerts on The Bloc in Downtown Los Angeles is a free summer concert series with free beer in the mix! Curated by Sofar Sounds, the series continues with performances by Chris Scholar, Flavia and BRAEVES. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] The Silver Lake Picture Show returns with free outdoor movie screenings in the heart of Silver Lake at Sunset Triangle Plaza. This week: A League of Their Own will be screened . FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Summer of Music at Redondo Pier will host free concerts every Thursday and Saturday highlighting a slew of genres. This weekend Modern Western band TennWest will perform. FREE
6. [6:30 p.m.] KCRW’s 2017 edition of Summer Nights is a free all ages outdoor music series happening throughout the summer. This Thursday they’ll have two mega shows, one at the Hammer Museum with Elohim and Suzi Analogue and KCRW DJ Marion Hodges and the other at the Santa Monica Pier with Eric Burdon & The Animals, Mr. Elevator and Hosted by KCRW DJ Gary Calamar. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Grand Performances presents a special beer-centric evening with Ale Academy called Taste is (Almost) Everything – The Art and Science of Evaluating Beers sponsored by Angel City Brewery. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema is back for 2017 with free movie screenings from July 1-29 at a variety of indoor and outdoor locations throughout the Old Town area. The series continues with Kubo and the Two Strings (2016) at Flower Pepper Gallery. FREE
9. [dusk] Summer Movie Fest at Cal State Northridge is a free weekly movie night taking place at dusk on CSUN’s Oviatt Library Lawn. This Thursday the series continues with Rogue One. FREE
10. [various] Free museum day at: Pasadena Museum of California Art (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Japanese American National Museum (all day), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.) Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $16 tix for LA Zoo’s Roaring Nights (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.