You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, July 20, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The 4th Annual Delicious Little Tokyo returns for a two-day culinary experience. Foodies will get to taste a wide variety of cuisines from Little Tokyo’s restaurants while partaking in food related walking tours, workshops, cooking demos, and more. Some events are free and some are ticketed.
2. [10 a.m.] The Columbia Memorial Space Center in Downey celebrates the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing. Guests are encouraged to wear 1960’s attire and enjoy meet-and-greets with spacecraft engineers, partake in lunar activities, view on the big screen the historic moon landing and watch the outdoor screening of the award-winning documentary Apollo 11. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] CRYSTALLINE: Brazil’s Crystal Giants is the latest exhibition at Rhythm Visuals Gallery in DTLA. The exhibit showcases a bevy of Brazil’s biggest gems, including a 2000-pound Amethyst Violet Throne you can actually sit on. The gallery is open Tuesday-Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. [11 a.m.] The Venice Beach Music Fest returns to Windward Plaza Park July 20 – 21 for its 14th year of free performances from top musical acts, art, and dance. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] The Little Literary Fair celebrates indie booksellers and creators with a free fair featuring over 20 publishers, panels and discussions at Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles from July 20-21.
6. [5 p.m.] The South Pasadena Arts Crawl will have local businesses on Mission Street, and the adjacent blocks open late to host art exhibitions, live music, open houses, special sales, and dining specials.
7. [5 p.m.] The 1st Annual Margarita Showdown comes to Highland Park on July 20 for an evening of drinks, food, music, and a margarita showdown contest. Margarita makers from around the city will come together for a fun competition to see who can make the best margarita in Los Angeles. Tickets are currently sold out online but will be available in limited quantities at the door.
8. [6 p.m.] Composers and filmmakers create scores to be performed live by the recording ensemble, Helix Collective at the 6th annual Los Angeles Live Score Film Festival at Barnsdall Art Park’s Gallery Theatre.
9. [6 p.m.] Union Station will bring world-class magicians into the historic building for an evening of Magic & Mystery. The free event will feature a variety of magic styles from card tricks to mentalists and illusionists all happening under the stars in the station’s South Patio from 6-9 p.m. FREE
10. [10 p.m.] Guerrilla Tacos will be celebrating their one year anniversary this Saturday night. Festivities start at 10 p.m. in the bar and on the patio with DJ’s spinning tunes, a live mural painting on Mateo St. $1 asada tacos by Wes Avila on the patio, and the bar will roll out special Rémy Martin cocktails for the night plus Rémy Martin shots for $8. A raffle with prizes from neighboring businesses will also be held. There is no cover to attend and the party ends at 2 a.m.
#SPONSORED TO-DO FOR THE DAY: The Garden Bar is a craft beer and wine bar located nearly 1000-feet high at OUE Skyspace LA, California’s tallest open-air observation rooftop deck. Visit now, and experience DTLA on a whole new level!