You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, July 21, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] CRYSTALLINE: Brazil’s Crystal Giants is the latest exhibition at Rhythm Visuals Gallery in DTLA. The exhibit showcases a bevy of Brazil’s biggest gems, including a 2000-pound Amethyst Violet Throne you can actually sit on. The gallery is open Tuesday-Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. [11 a.m.] The Venice Beach Music Fest returns to Windward Plaza Park July 20 – 21 for its 14th year of free performances from top musical acts, art, and dance. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] The Little Literary Fair celebrates indie booksellers and creators with a free fair featuring over 20 publishers, panels and discussions at Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles from July 20-21.
4. [2 p.m.] Forward Rhythm spins tunes at Grand Park’s Sunday Sessions, a free outdoor dance party on the park’s Performance Lawn.
5. [3 p.m.] The 3rd Annual Los Angeles Westside Food & Wine Festival takes over Courtyard by Marriott LA Westside with an all inclusive tasting event with premium wines, beer, spirits, and gourmet bites.
6. [5 p.m.] The City of West Hollywood’s Summer Sounds Outdoor Concert Series continues with a performance by funk and soul artist Martin Luther McCoy. FREE
7. [6 p.m.] POW! WOW! Long Beach – one of the largest mural events in the nation returns to Long Beach for a week-long festival highlighting murals by local and international artists, hosting special events and more. The public art experience is free and open to the public. Opening night will take place on Sunday at BEVEL, as curated by Thinkspace Gallery with new and old works by POW! WOW! artists. The week to come includes a KCRW Summer Nights party and pool party.
8. [6:30 p.m.] Silents Under the Stars screens THE KID BROTHER at Paramount Ranch in Agoura Hills. Tickets are available at the door for $10 and go towards rebuilding the Western Town at Paramount Ranch.
9. [7 p.m.] Last Podcast On The Left take their true crime and paranormal show live and straight to a fitting L.A. icon: The Hollywood Forever Cemetery this Sunday.
10. [7 p.m.] Latin American artist Natalia Lafourcade teams up with LA Phil conductor Gustavo Dudamel for a night of music at the Hollywood Bowl.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $45 tix to see Blink 182 and Lil Wayne at The Forum (via Goldstar)