You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, July 24, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Check out LACMA’s latest exhibition, 3D: Double Vision an interactive exhibit that explores the art and illusion of 3D.
2. [4 p.m.] Boomtown Brewery in collaboration with Chef Alan Matheus hosts a weekly all-you-can-eat Taco Tuesday, where $15 gets you unlimited tacos for two hours plus a beer, and $2 off select beers after that.
3. [5 p.m.] The 10th Annual Taste of Farmers Market comes to 3rd Street and Fairfax featuring an evening of bites from over 50 of the Market’s top-rated restaurants, grocers and eateries. Tickets includes food sampling, firehouse chili tastes prepared by firefighter chefs, beer and wine samples, two non-alcoholic drinks and free parking.
4. [7 p.m.] Come listen to great live jazz when Subaru Summer Jazz Nights returns to Hollywood and Highland for five Tuesday evenings. Dayren Santamaria & Made In Cuba will perform this Tuesday.
5. [8 p.m.] Jim Henson’s Fraggle Rock is celebrating thirty-five years with Happy Anniversary, Fraggle Rockers at The Skirball Cultural Center. Join famed puppeteers for a discussion about the series with a few other puppet surprises.
6. [8 p.m.] Movie Nights at Tropicana Bar, located at The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel, take place every Tuesday night from 8 to 11 p.m. at the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool. Screening this week is Fletch. The series runs from June till September 3.
7. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach returns to Alfredo’s Beach Club in Long Beach a a summer of free film screenings on the sand. The series continues Tu1esday with a screening of Coco at Granada Beach. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] The Moth GrandSLAM happening at The Regent Theater features ten StorySLAM winners in a battle of wits and words.
9. [8:30 p.m.] Check out some untraditional dance moves when the Music Center’s Moves After Dark returns this summer with performances in unconventional spots throughout Walt Disney Concert Hall. Performance dates are July 24-25, July 31 and August 1. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] dineL.A. will have food-lovers and connoisseurs taste, explore and enjoy various prix-fixe menus from restaurants across various L.A. neighborhoods from July 13 through 27 .
DEAL OF THE DAY: $62 tix for Wicked at The Hollywood Pantages (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.