You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, July 27, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Golden Gopher 13th Anniversary party.
2. [6 p.m.] Summer of Music at Redondo Pier will host free concerts every Thursday and Saturday highlighting a slew of genres. This week Rock ’N Roll Rat Pack Tribute band Franks & Deans performs. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] KCRW’s 2017 edition of Summer Nights is a free all ages outdoor music series happening throughout the summer. This Thursday they’ll have two mega shows, one at the Hammer Museum with Amber Mark and Maria Del Pilar and KCRW DJ Liza Richardson and the other at the Santa Monica Pier with Miami Horror, Cleopold and Hosted by KCRW DJ Dan Wilcox. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] The Levitt Pavilion in McArthur Park continue their annual free concert series this week with Thee Commons on Thursday. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] There is a book release party for Crystals, the debut book in the publication series, “The New New Age: Exploring Spirit in the Modern World,”at Silver Lake’s Dream Collective. To celebrate the evening will consist of books, crystals, and mysticism. Highlights include a curated “crystal prescriptions,”crystal readings, herbal refreshments, crystal cocktails and light appetizers from Winsome. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] It’s Music Video Night at the West Adams location of Delicious Pizza. This week the night will be hosted by Tamra Davis, the director behind music videos for Depeche Mode, Sonic Youth, Beastie Boys and Delicious Vinyl music videos, including Tone Loc’s “Wild Thing” and Young MC’s “Bust a Move.” In addition to screenings, Davis will share some of the tales behind the making of her music videos. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Wiltern Theater is hosting “Noche de Salsa,” an evening of sizzling salsa dance for both beginning and experienced dancers. Highlights for the evening include live music from Arsenio Rodriguez Project, Dance lessons and DJ tunes by Guajiro. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] The 2017 season of the Skirball’s free Sunset Concert Series, inspired by the Skirball’s current high-profile exhibition Paul Simon: Words & Music, is a showcase for up-and-coming talents and established artists from Los Angeles and around the globe. Kicking off the series is American Tune Featuring Sean Watkins & Friends: A Singer-Songwriter Celebration of Paul Simon. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Quote-Along LABYRINTH comes to the Theatre at the Ace Hotel in DTLA for the ultimate interactive celebration of the iconic film. Attendees are encouraged to dress up, sing, quote, and dance. Animated subtitles will help you yell out all of the best lines of dialogue and song lyrics. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [8 p.m.] The Moonlight Movies on the Beach series continues with a screening of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at Alamitos Beach this Thursday. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 for LA Weekly’s Artopia at Union Station (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.