You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, July 28, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Calling all Rick and Morty fans: There’s a giant RickMobile rolling into town this Friday and Saturday with a pop up shop offering limited supply of clothes, figures and more. Catch it at A Shop Called Quest in Los Angeles on Friday and Earth-2 Comics in Northrdige on Saturday.
2. [5 p.m.] Long Beach Crawfish Festival returns to Rainbow Lagoon Park from July 28 to 30, with dancing to live music, the Second Line Parade, dance lessons, karaoke, fresh crawfish, Cajun food, chicory coffee, beignets and adult beverages. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
3. [5 p.m.] Enjoy beautiful evenings under the stars when Summer Nights in the Garden returns to Natural History Museum with cocktails, music, botanical tours, fun projects and more.
4. [7 p.m.] Feast on L.A.’s best Asian and Asian-influenced cuisine when Lucky Rice’s Los Angeles Feast arrives. Hosted at the Cathedral of Saint Vibiana in DTLA the food festival will showcase the most popular foods from Asia’s eating capitals as interpreted by local chefs and mixologists.
5. [dusk.] Pershing Square continues their free summer movie screenings this Friday with World War Z. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] The Last Book Review returns to The Last Bookstore in Downtown Los Angeles. Join host Ever Mainard and five comedians as they tell their own personal, funny and often awkward story on stage. The last comedian will then take the audience through a book review. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Catch a performance of Guys and Dolls at the Long Beach Playhouse. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [9 p.m.] Any weirdly obsessed Tom Cruise fans out there? Tom Gun LIVE: A Maverick’s Homage brings a raucous interactive parody show to the Regent chalked full of karaoke sing-a-longs, dance offs, audience fueled paper airplane battles, missiles zip-lining through the crowd, and much more.
10. [9 p.m.] The Music Center’s Dance DTLA series returns this week with DJ Nights curated by Valida at Grand Park. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix for the Los Angeles Chocolate Salon (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.