You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, July 3, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The exhibit “Satoyama: Evolving with the Forest” celebrates epicurean ecology through a collaboration between Michelin-starred chef and Japanese cooking pioneer Chef Yoshihiro Narisawa and leading food photographer, Sergio Coimbra. The food photography exhibition will feature many interactive moments including educational workshops throughout the till July 29, 2018.
2. [5 p.m.] Discounted late nights at the Aquarium of the Pacific.
3. [5 p.m.] Zedd in the Park takes over Los Angeles State Historic Park for a day of music by Zedd, Medasin, Oliver Tree and Whethan. Food in the park includes Zedd’s Tacos, Pizzanista!, Afters Ice Cream and much more. Activities in the park include water ballon contest, corn hole and croquet.
4. [6 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre with Back to the Future 2.
5. [7 p.m.] Merica Fest 2018 at Angel City Brewery.
6. [7 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema is back for the fifth year in a row. From June 5 through August 28 Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and mini bottles of Moët & Chandon Champagne. Almost Famous will be screened this week.
7. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach returns to Alfredo’s Beach Club in Long Beach a a summer of free film screenings on the sand. The series continues Tuesday with a screening of The Goonies at Granada Beach. FREE
8. [8:30 p.m.] DAVID BOWIE NITE at Part Time Punks w/Guest DJ Jose Maldonado.
9. [10 p.m.] Afrobashment 2018 – Annual Afrobeat & Dancehall Bashment at El Cid.
10. [various] Grand Park will host Big L.A. Portrait Gallery from June 7 to July 4, transforming itself into a nighttime art gallery featuring photos by Los Angeles-based artists. Photography will be projected onto the 100 square-foot wall of the historic L.A. County Hall of Records right in front of Grand Park. Art will be on display nightly from sundown to midnight and is free to the public. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $22 tix to Jennifer Hudson with live orchestra at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.