You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, July 30, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Hello Kitty Cafe Truck stops by The Citadel Outlets July 29 through August 4 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. serving lots of super cute treats while supplies last.
2. [5 p.m.] Cuco plays a live set at Amoeba Hollywood to promote his new album Para Mi.
7. [5 p.m.] The Hammer will host screenings of the Democratic Presidential Debate round one (Tuesday) and two (Wednesday) on the big screen followed by a roundtable discussion with political experts. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Two Bit Circus is hosting a Beta Night allowing guests to play and test out new games for free, all they want is your feedback in exchange. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some brews and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
6. [7 p.m.] The Central Courtyard at Hollywood & Highland hosts free concerts every Tuesday in July as part of the 16th annual Subaru Summer Jazz Nights. This week Jose Rizo’s Mongorama will perform. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach brings a summer-long series of free outdoor movie screenings on the shores of the LBC to three different locations near Downtown Long Beach and Belmont Shore. The series continues with Ready Player One at Granada Beach on Tuesday. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Apollo 11: The Immersive Live Show retells the tale of the first moon landing using 40,000 square feet of 360-degree graphics beaming from 32 total projectors, and an almost full-scale replica of the mylar-draped Command Module Columbia. And of course the timing couldn’t be more perfect, with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission coming up later this month. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] The Summer Playwrights Festival will showcase 38 plays in eight days from July 28 through Sunday August 4 at the Road on Lankershim in the Historic Lankershim Arts Center in North Hollywood.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $45 tix to see Blink 182 and Lil Wayne at The Forum (via Goldstar)