You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, August 11, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Young The Giant live performance at Amoeba Hollywood. FREE
2. [6 p.m] Downtown Art Walk. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Redondo Beach Pier Summer Concert Series. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] KCRW’s Twilight Concerts at Santa Monica Pier will feature RÜFÜS DU SOL with Marc Baker, Hosted by KCRW DJ Anthony Valadez. 7-10 p.m. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Skirball Sunset Concerts with M.A.K.U. Soundsystem.
6. [7 & 9 p.m.] Alchemist’s Lab Escape Room Experience. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [7 p.m.] P.S. ARTS’ Paints & Pints Fundraiser at The Grove.
8. [8 p.m.] JazzPOP 2016 is back with jazz and improvised music featuring three unique composers, artists and music masters every Thursday this month at the Hammer Museum. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Sizzling Summer Nights at The Autry.
10. [9 p.m.] Netflix and Chill Burlesque at Harvelle’s Long Beach. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
BONUS: The Perseid Meteor Shower Peaks This Thursday! Here’s Where to See It Near L.A.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $18 tix for Bloc Party at The Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.