You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, August 19, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Art Deco Festival at The Queen Mary.
2. [5 p.m.] The Long Beach BBQ Festival.
3. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights at The Autry. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Cook, Collaborate and Listen Los Angeles will take over The Container Yard in DTLA this Friday. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] The Chocolate and Art Show.
6. [7:30 p.m] Zocalo Public Square outdoor movie series screens Barbershop at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Dance Downtown at The Music Center: Samba night. FREE
8. [various] Echo Park Rising. FREE
9. [various] Burbank Comedy Festival.
10. [various] HollyShorts Film Festival.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get special discounts for Beatles Tribute Night at Dodger Stadium.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.