As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 Under $10
1. [$7.50-$10] Electric Dusk Drive-In screens: 500 Days of Summer. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [$10] Eat|See|Hear screens Goonies in Beverly Hills. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
3. [FREE] Dance DTLA at The Music Center: Samba Night. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Open Call 2016 art exhibition at Barnsdall Park. FRIDAY–SUNDAY
5. [FREE] Echo Park Rising. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
6. [FREE] The LA Taco Festival at Grand Park. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] KCRW Chinatown Summer Nights. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] Eagle Rock Music Festival. SATURDAY
9. [FREE] 21st annual Plum Festival in Huntington Beach. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Free mausoleum art tours at Forest Lawn. SUNDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Long Beach BBQ Festival. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Art Deco Festival at Queen Mary. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Chocolate & Art Show. FRIDAY-SATURDAY
- Muse til’ Midnight at LACMA. SATURDAY
- HUSHfest at Santa Monica Pier. SATURDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.