You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, August 22, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] A Yeti Village has been constructed on Hollywood and Vine in anticipation for the movie SMALLFOOT. Designed to look like winter, visitors of all ages can dance in a blizzard, swing on a cloud, ride a 20-foot slide, play in a snowball pit, sing karaoke, do arts and crafts and more. The family-friendly experience is free to attend and runs through September 14, 2018. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] British artist Lucy Sparrow has transformed the second floor of the Standard in DTLA into Sparrow Mart a supermarket art wonderland fill with over 31,000 adorable felt-covered food replicas all for sale. Part art installation, store and loads of photo worthy moments, Sparrow Mart open Aug 1-31 (closed on Mondays) is free to attend on a first come first serve basis. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a sample sale with Jonathan Simkhai and Charlotte Olympia August 22-25.
5. [6 p.m.] White Denim is set to give a free performance at Amoeba Hollywood at 6 p.m. this Wednesday. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Back for the 15th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances of A Mid Summer Nights Dream and Titus Andronicus Wednesday through Sunday. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] The Garvey Ranch Observatory will host an evening of astronomy with members of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. Guest will have a chance to go into the dome to view the stars, enjoy a star party on the lawn, and learn how to build their own telescope. The observatory is open to the public on Wednesday nights only. FREE
8. [7:20 p.m.] Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month led by a Park Ranger and museum guide. FREE
9. [7:30 p.m.] Celebrate canines during Dog Days of Summer at the Hammer Museum. This week enjoy a free film screening of Best in Show. FREE
10. [various] The 8th annual Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival is a five-day epicurean event showcasing the finest in Los Angeles food and drink culture. Happening in Downtown L.A., Santa Monica and Beverly Hills between from August 22-26. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
DEAL OF THE DAY: $17.50 tix to Long Beach Comic Con (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.