You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, August 30, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] Greet fall with a party during The End of Summer Festival at Descanso Gardens. Enjoy Patina food and drink, crafts, the Flash Dance DJs, and the beauty of the gardens at sunset.
2. [5 p.m.] 2nd Annual Fleet Week Downtown San Pedro Welcome Party. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Enjoy some free Shakespeare this summer when the Independent Shakespeare Co. returns for the 8th year in a row with free/donation-based performances at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. The Two Gentlemen of Verona Wednesday through Sunday.
6. [7 p.m.] Get some laughs in this Wednesday with Boss Jr. and their team of hilarious improvisers. Bonus they also give out free baked goods! Happening at UCB Sunset.
9. [7 p.m.] The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Wednesday for a bar spelling bee with a money prize, bee-themed prizes and guaranteed slurring if you choose to participate.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer Museum’s new series Shake It Off offers dance themed films all August. This week they will screen Stomp the Yard on Wednesday.
8. [8 p.m.] The folks at Rooftop Cinema Club are back with a screening of All The Presidents Men at Montalban in Hollywood.
3. [8 p.m.] Geeks Who Drink Pub Trivia at the Scum and Villainy.
4. [8 p.m.] An Evening of Latin Jazz at The Edison. FREE
10. [8 p.m.] Tales from Tinseltown is a new storytelling show hosted by Megan Hayes (Hunger Games, Sleepy Hollow) and Oscar Sagastume (Multiple Moth Winner, Buzzfeed). Performers share some of Hollywood’s dirty secrets and maybe a few of their own. Tickets cost $5.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $35 tix to see Grammy-Winning Singer Luis Fonsi at The Wiltern
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.