You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 6, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Glam dress designer Tadashi Shoji is having a warehouse sample sale August 5-10. Sizes run 00 to 18.
2. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a triple brand sample sale featuring Joie, Current Elliott and Equipment of women’s ready-to-wear and shoes from August 6-11.
4. [5 p.m.] Union Station partners with the Los Angeles Police Department on National Night Out, an evening of family-focused activities part of a national community-building campaign to promote police community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie. Activities include Karaoke with a Cop, a kids zone and exploring a selection of equipment including a Mounted Police unit (2 horses), Bomb K9 unit, black and white police cruisers, police and sheriff’s department motorcycles, and a fire engine. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] The Central Courtyard at Hollywood & Highland hosts free concerts every Tuesday in July as part of the 16th annual Subaru Summer Jazz Nights. This week they close out their series with Marquis Hill Blacktet. FREE
7. [7:45 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema is back for the sixth year in a row. From June 11 through August 27 Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and Peroni Nastro Azzurro. Mean Girls will be screened this week.
8. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach brings a summer-long series of free outdoor movie screenings on the shores of the LBC to three different locations near Downtown Long Beach and Belmont Shore. The series continues with Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse at Granada Beach on Tuesday. FREE
9. [various Think Tank Gallery is teaming up with Pizzaboyzzz and Future Fantasy Delight to present Nothing Cheezy a pizza-fueled, self-aware, selfie-themed pop-up thats a little bit satire and is intentionally too encompassing to be captured in a picture, thus forcing viewers to live inside the art. This is a ticketed experience that takes guests through the “craziest kitchen you’ve ever seen” and thirteen themed environments plus pizza of course. Open all week long.
10. [various] Long Beach’s annual city wide Dine LBC restaurant week August 3-11 will take you on a food exploration in numerous Long Beach neighborhoods. Dozens of participating restaurants are offering special lunch and dinner menus at a discounted price for the occasion.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to the Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor (via Goldstar)