You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, August 7, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Check out LACMA’s latest exhibition, 3D: Double Vision an interactive exhibit that explores the art and illusion of 3D.
2. [11 a.m.] British artist Lucy Sparrow has transformed the second floor of the Standard in DTLA into Sparrow Mart a supermarket art wonderland fill with over 31,000 adorable felt-covered food replicas all for sale. Part art installation, store and loads of photo worthy moments, Sparrow Mart open Aug 1-31 (closed on Mondays) is free to attend on a first come first serve basis. FREE
3. [4 p.m.] Boomtown Brewery in collaboration with Chef Alan Matheus hosts a weekly all-you-can-eat Taco Tuesday, where $15 gets you unlimited tacos for two hours plus a beer, and $2 off select beers after that.
4. [6 p.m.] Get some adult crafting in and learn to make your very own “good intentions” Voodoo Dolls hosted by Krimsey’s Cajun Kitchen in North Hollywood.
5. [7 p.m.] Come listen to great live jazz when Subaru Summer Jazz Nights continue at Hollywood and Highland. Poncho Sanchez will perform this Tuesday.
10. [7 p.m.] The Moth storytelling competition returns to Los Globos with a them of Betrayal.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Dog Days of Summer at the Hammer Museum continue with a film presentation of Sounder.
7. [8 p.m.] Movie Nights at Tropicana Bar located at The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel will throw Angelenos a movie night series every Tuesday night from 8 to 11 p.m. from June till September 3 by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool. Screening this week is Sunset Boulevard.
9. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach returns to Alfredo’s Beach Club in Long Beach a a summer of free film screenings on the sand. The series continues Tuesday with a screening of Mary Poppins at Granada Beach and The Lion King at Alamitos Beach on Friday. FREE
10. [10 p.m.(ish)] Starting August 1 through September 23, Mohawk Bend in Echo Park will host Dodger Post Home Game Happy Hours featuring a rotating selection of $4 beers and cider for four hours after the last pitch is thrown. Must be in Dodger gear or show your ticket from the game to take advantage of the specials.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the LA County Fair opening weekend (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.