You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, August 8, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] 260LA will host an Outdoor Voices sample sale August 8-12 with men’s and women’s ready-to-wear, activewear, and accessories all at a discount.
2. [11 a.m.] British artist Lucy Sparrow has transformed the second floor of the Standard in DTLA into Sparrow Mart a supermarket art wonderland fill with over 31,000 adorable felt-covered food replicas all for sale. Part art installation, store and loads of photo worthy moments, Sparrow Mart open Aug 1-31 (closed on Mondays) is free to attend on a first come first serve basis. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] This Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m. head to Upstairs Bar at the Ace Hotel Downtown LA for 3 Martinis: 300 Oysters presented by Fords Gin. 300 complimentary oysters will be shucked as you sip on three variations of martini’s for a good cause. A portion of the evening’s proceeds will benefit No Kid Hungry, the Share Our Strength campaign to end child hunger.
4. [5 p.m.] Kevin Bludso of Bludso’s Bar & Que will join forces with Ari Kolender of Hayden for one major night of Southern cooking. Menu includes Bludso’s famous Curry Oxtails with Red Beans & Rice and Kolender’s Lowcountry Boil served family style. Reservations and walk-ins are welcome.
5. [6 p.m.] Liquid Intelligence will take over The Mixing Room from 6 to 7 p.m. for one hour of a complimentary cocktail. This time it’s the refreshing Aromatic White wines. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Back for the 15th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances of A Mid Summer Nights Dream and Titus Andronicus Wednesday through Sunday. FREE
7. [7:30 p.m.] Free Summer Movie Nights at Sweet Rose Creamery in Studio City continues with a screening of The Goonies . FREE
8. [8 p.m.] KCON will takeover the Hammer Museum for a special free K-pop fan concert this Wednesday with performances by Ailee, Roy Kim, and Echae Kang. The night after, Thursday at 6 p.m. the Hammer will also host a free screening of The Fortress and Q&A with director Hwang Dong-hyuk. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] KRS‐One is playing a $5 show at Novo in DTLA.
10. [9 p.m.] Top notch bartenders from all over the globe will take part in the 7th Annual Evening of Tiki series. Happening one night a month now till September, the series highlights tiki bar culture through talents from all over the globe and locally.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to the LA County Fair opening weekend (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.