You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, September 12, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host french women brand Maje sample sale from September 11 through September 16 in their Beverly Hills space.
8. [noon] The L.A. County Fair returns to Pomona for a enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, food and beverage offerings, and more. The fair runs through September 23. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] Cut Chemist will perform a live set at Amoeba Hollywood (with some special visuals) to promote his latest double-vinyl release Die Cut.
4. [6:30 p.m.] Twilight on the Pier in Santa Monica is a free concert open to the public every Wednesday from September 5-October 3. The concert features live performances across different stages, a festival vibe, complete with art, a beer and spirits garden, games, and interactive activations. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] There’s a free MindTravel Silent Piano Sunset Concert at UCLA’s Fowler Museum led by pianist Murray Hidary this Wednesday. FREE
2. [7:30 p.m.] Watch 16 artists face off over three rounds, creating paintings from blank canvases in 20 minutes for you to vote on, and decide who wins at Art Battle LA at The Exchange.
9. [7 p.m.] The Underground Jazz Sessions at the Continental Club.
7. [8 p.m.] It’s trivia night at Grand Central Market this Wednesday on the Broadway side of the food hall.
6. [8:30 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre with a screening of Mean Girls on Wednesday.
10. [various] Westfield Topanga Restaurant Week kicks off on September 7 for a 10-day dining event across the Westfield Topanga properties, highlighting a diverse selection of choices and flavors, from fine dining steakhouses to good old Southern BBQ. The best part? Guests can expect savings of up to 20% off on uniquely crafted prix-fixe menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6.50 tix to the LA County Fair (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.