You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, September 13, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host french women brand Maje sample sale from September 11 through September 16 in their Beverly Hills space.
2. [noon] The L.A. County Fair returns to Pomona for a enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, food and beverage offerings, and more. The fair runs through September 23. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
4. [6:30 p.m.] What’s Next in Mexican Cuisine at La Plaza de Cultura y Artes.
5. [7 p.m.] Game of Thrones Trivia at Horse Thief BBQ.
6. [7 p.m.] Nerd Nite Los Angeles at Busby’s East.
7. [7 p.m.] Head over to The Wiltern for a special big-screen showing of Pulp Fiction. Part of the Movie Night at The Wiltern series, this screening of Quentin Tarantino’s acclaimed 90’s classic will be accompanied by a costume contest, a DJ, and other activities taking place before and after.x
8. [8 p.m.] Enjoy free family-friendly outdoor movies in Malibu thanks to Screen on the Green at Trancas Country Market every Thursday through September 13. The series concludes with a screening of Grease. FREE
9. [various] Free museum days: USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Japanese American National Museum(from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and Santa Monica History Museum
10. [various] Westfield Topanga Restaurant Week kicks off on September 7 for a 10-day dining event across the Westfield Topanga properties, highlighting a diverse selection of choices and flavors, from fine dining steakhouses to good old Southern BBQ. The best part? Guests can expect savings of up to 20% off on uniquely crafted prix-fixe menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6.50 tix to the LA County Fair (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.