You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, September 12, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [2 p.m.] The first-ever Museum of Weed is a 30,000 square foot space of ‘higher learning’ presented by WeedMaps aims to provide insight and history into marijuana through interactive exhibits, Instagram-friendly art installations and a bevy of historical artifacts. The museum is open Wednesday through Sunday now till September 29. Admission starts at $35.
3. [5 p.m.] Silver Lake’s 4100 Bar turns 19 on Thursday. To celebrate, guests can enjoy eats from Rich’s BBQ, happy hour specials from 5 to 8 p.m. $3 Pabst Blue Ribbon’s all night, and art activations.
4. [6:30 p.m.] Friends of the LA River (FOLAR) will host a Moonlight Yoga And Nature Walk this Thursday. There’s a humble suggestion donation of $5. No one will be turned away if they don’t have the funds.
5. [7 p.m.] Learn about Baja California wine when Pláticas y Pruebas at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes turns its attention to the Valle de Guadalupe for a night of conversation and wine tasting.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Brian Wilson and The Zombies stop by The Greek Theatre during their Something Great from ‘68 and More Tour. Wilson and fellow Beach Boys Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin will be highlighting the band’s late-‘60s and ‘70s work, while The Zombies will perform songs from their psychedelic album Odessey & Oracle. Discounted tickets available via Goldstar.
7. [8 p.m.] Head to the Getty Villa for an outdoor performance of The Heal in the Barbara and Lawrence Fleischman Theater. Sit in the stunning venue modeled after ancient Greek and Roman theaters and enjoy a new version of Sophocles’ timeless tale. The show runs every Thursday through Saturday from September 6-28. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [9 p.m.] Head to General Lees in Chinatown for Second Thursdays where local DJs curate a mix of house, disco, and techno from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. while guests sip on the bars new Fables Cocktail Menu.
9. [various] PaleyFest returns to the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills September 5-15 with panels and screenings of the most hotly anticipated new fall TV shows. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $12.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)