You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, September 14, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Queen Mary is hosting an entire afternoon of dog-friendly fun called Doggie Paradise. Let your pooch play in splash pools, a canine crafts station, a bark-filled ball pit, paw painting, and more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [11 a.m.] Get ready to scream, be amazed or simply turn away because Son of Monsterpalooza is coming just in time for Halloween with makeup demos, panels, and more happening September 13-15.
3. [noon] The 17th annual TARFEST music and arts festival welcomes guests of all ages to explore art installations, live painting, DJ’s, food trucks and more at the LA Brea Tar Pits. FREE
4. [3 p.m.] The Open Arts & Music Festival is a free festival that attracts over 10,000 people to foster community pride, teach new skills, strengthen relationships across the city while celebrating art and music. This year’s festival takes place at the Alex Theatre in Glendale and features an arts market, free workshops, live music, a beer garden and food, public art installations, a Kid Zone, and a VIP lounge. FREE
5. [4 p.m.] Off The Hook Seafood Fest returns for its fifth year for a foodie fundraising event celebrating sea creatures, chefs, fisherman, ecosystems, and a desire to preserve our world’s oceans.
6. [4 p.m.] The 18th Annual Claremont Village Wine Walk returns to Claremont Village on Saturday inviting attendees to sip wine and sample food at over 30 village stores.
7. [5 p.m.] 18th Street Arts Center in Santa Monica host An Evening of Art and Celebration at 18th Street. The night will begin with artists open studios, then a screening of Video in Site: The Road Film, curated by Paul Pescador and Maura Brewer and end with additional screenings celebrating 40 Years of think tank EZTV. FREE
8. [5 p.m.] Grand Park + Outfest Present PROUD Picnic + Movie Night returns for its fourth year of a picnic and outdoor movie screening in celebration of diverse voices in film. This free event offers a showcase of short films from the Outfest Fusion Festival along with full-length presentations. Guests can arrive early to DJ’s, food trucks, and the park’s popular splash pad and playground. FREE
9. [5 p.m.] 81st Annual Mid-Autumn Moon Festival in Chinatown celebrates the full harvest moon with traditional Chinese cultural demonstrations, local music, food, shopping, a mooncake demo, mooncake sampling, a peek at the full moon through telescopes and much more. FREE
10. [6 p.m.] Ex Hex performs at the Getty Center Courtyard as part of the museum’s Off the 405 summer concert series. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $12.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)