You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, September 13, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The first-ever Museum of Weed is a 30,000 square foot space of ‘higher learning’ presented by WeedMaps aims to provide insight and history into marijuana through interactive exhibits, Instagram-friendly art installations and a bevy of historical artifacts. The museum is open Wednesday through Sunday now till September 29. Admission starts at $35.
2. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] Spend Friday The 13th at Scum and Villainy Cantina and kick off Halloween season with horror trivia, themed drinks and more. Costumes are encouraged. No cover!
4. [6 p.m.] LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes in Downtown Los Angeles continues their Summer of Salsa concert series this Friday. Dance to the sounds of some of the city’s best salsa and Cuban bands one Friday evening each month through summer. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Get ready to scream, be amazed or simply turn away because Son of Monsterpalooza is coming just in time for Halloween with makeup demos, panels, and more happening September 13-15.
6. [6 p.m.] Enjoy an evening of music when Jazz at LACMA returns for their weekly free performances in the courtyard from 6 to 8 p.m. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Head to the Getty Villa for an outdoor performance of The Heal in the Barbara and Lawrence Fleischman Theater. Sit in the stunning venue modeled after ancient Greek and Roman theaters and enjoy a new version of Sophocles’ timeless tale. The show runs every Thursday through Saturday from September 6-28. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] Earth, Wind & Fire lights up the stage of The Hollywood Bowl this Friday and Saturday with a funkified show with a firework finale.
9. [various] Enjoy an interactive Friday night dinner at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck during their special Mid-Autumn Festival. The celebration showcases the culinary talents of the Wolfgang Puck family with chefs from Spago, CUT, Hotel Bel-Air, and WP24 by Wolfgang Puck joining together for the evening to host guests at a variety of food stations spaced throughout the restaurant. Highlights include whole roasted Korean spiced Sonoma lamb, ricotta gnocchi, black sesame egg tarts and moon cakes. There are three ticketing options to choose from, depending on the package, a ticket can cost $69, $99 or $149. Purchase your ticket here.
10. [various] PaleyFest returns to the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills September 5-15 with panels and screenings of the most hotly anticipated new fall TV shows. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $12.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)