You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, September 19, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a Sandro sample sale September 18-23. Score deals on the French label’s men’s and women’s ready-to-wear, shoes and accessories.
2. [noon] The LA County Fair at the Pomona Fairplex hosts an enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, carnival style food and more. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] Liquid Intelligence will take over The Mixing Room from 6-7 p.m. for one hour of a complimentary cocktail. This time guests will get a taste of Beefeater Gin London Blood Orange Negroni. FREE
4. [6:30 p.m.] Head over to Santa Monica for Twilight on the Pier. This fall a wide range of musical groups and artists will performance across different stages, transforming the pier into a festival, complete with art, a beer and spirits garden, games, and interactive activations.
5. [6:40 p.m.] Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month led by a Park Ranger and museum guide. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] The Super Serious Show is a comedy event produced by CleftClips featuring both established and up-and-coming talent performing an array of stand-up, sketch and musical comedy. Happening at The Virgil.
7. [7 p.m.] Join The Stalking Horse for their first beer dinner this Wednesday in their open-air back patio. Guests will enjoy a four course pairing menu featuring exclusive house brews and one-off dishes by Chef Robert Mooney .
8. [7 p.m.] The Garvey Ranch Observatory will host an evening of astronomy with members of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. Guest will have a chance to go into the dome to view the stars, enjoy a star party on the lawn, and learn how to build their own telescope. The observatory is open to the public on Wednesday nights only. FREE
9. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer Museum presents a conversation with photographer Bruce Talamon with special guest Verdine White of Earth, Wind & Fire this Wednesday. FREE
10. [9 p.m.] An Evening of Tiki at The Spare Room.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $55 tix to Universal Studios Hollywood Horror Nights (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.