You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, September 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Head to downtown Hermosa Beach for Fiesta Hermosa August 31 through September 2. One of the largest arts and crafts fairs in Southern California, explore hundreds of artists, enjoy live music, a beer & wine garden and more. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The L.A. County Fair returns to Pomona for an enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, food and beverage offerings, and more. The fair runs through September 23. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [noon] The W in West Los Angeles is having a Labor Day Pool Party with DJ sets and fun in the sun.
4. [12:30 p.m.] Bender Yoga is taking things to the rooftop at Ace Hotel DTLA for a unique 70 minute yoga session followed by a “California Sol” rooftop party.
5. [1 p.m.] Tropico Disco will takeover the historic Hotel Figueroa in Downtown Los Angeles for a daytime-disco pool party. Island attire is encouraged and guest can bring their own pool toys. A full bar and bites menu will be available.
6. [2 p.m.] Pennywise returns to Hollywood with a second terrifying, immersive event. The Derry Canal Days Festival is now open at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, drawing from the forthcoming IT Chapter Two, which hits theaters on September 6. Online reservations are fully booked but a standby line is available.
7. [7 p.m.] Hunnypot Live Labor Day Party featuring Grace Blue at The Mint.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The National perform with Alvvays at The Greek.
9. [various L.A. Fleet Week is back from August 30 to September 2. Hosted at LA Waterfront in San Pedro the event will feature various military ships, guided tours, military demonstrations, live entertainment, aerial demonstrations and more. FREE
10. [various] Cinecon Classic Film Festival at Hollywood’s Egyptian Theatre (August 29 to September 2) is five days of classic film screenings, celebrity appearances, panels, a memorabilia show, and more.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $10 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)