You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, September 20, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Sponsored by the L.A. Times, the Los Angeles Street Festival is a free two day fest featuring the FIBA 3×3 World Tour Masters a street-style basketball showdown, an open esports Super Smash Bros. tournament, music, food trucks and activities for all ages. FREE
2. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] The Queen Mary Night Market is an outdoor celebration of SoCal’s food and art scene. Guests can dine and shop by the ship at an event featuring dozens of food trucks, vendors, local makers selling jewelry, fashion, and art, and much more.
4. [6 p.m.] Get up close and personal with sharks at the Aquarium of the Pacific during Shark Lagoon Nights. Guests will have the opportunity to touch bamboo sharks and view large sharks in an after hours setting. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights At The Autry feature a collection of over 200 vendors, 20 gourmet food trucks, a beer garden, custom handmade treasures and live local bands. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7 p.m.] Board the famed Battleship IOWA Museum for free outdoor movie screenings on the ship’s fantail under the night sky. The screenings are free and open to all ages. This Friday they will screen Captain Marvel. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Don’t Tell Comedy pops up in Venice Beach at a secret location with some of the biggest names in comedy. Performers are kept under wraps and the location will be emailed to all ticket holders. BYOB!
8. [8 p.m.] Head to the Getty Villa for an outdoor performance of The Heal in the Barbara and Lawrence Fleischman Theater. Sit in the stunning venue modeled after ancient Greek and Roman theaters and enjoy a new version of Sophocles’ timeless tale. The show runs every Thursday through Saturday from September 6-28. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Creep L.A. presents the fifth installment of HAUS OF CREEP an immersive 75-minute experience that takes guests in a bizarre world where reality and performance art blur in a very dark way. HAUS OF CREEP will run from September 13 through November 3 on all weekends with some weeknights available.
10. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Grab your Lederhosen’s and Dirndl’s and join Skyspace for an Oktoberfest Celebration package featuring a Skyslide ride, 2 beer tickets, a commemorative boot mug, games, giveaways and more.