You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, September 22, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 4th annual Dino Fest returns to NHMLA September 21-22 for a weekend long celebration of the prehistoric giants that one ruled the earth.
2. [10 a.m.] The L.A. County Fair returns to Pomona for an enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, food and beverage offerings, and more. The fair runs Friday through Sunday and Labor Day through September 23. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [10 a.m.] The Barnsdall Art & Craft Fair supports local artists and provide a personable gift shopping experience to the public. This is a free, kid-friendly event showcasing diverse works from the Art Center students and faculty; this includes handcrafted jewelry, ceramics, cards, prints, paintings, drawings, and photography.
4. [11 a.m.] Melrose Ave’s Ronan LA turns one year old this weekend and to celebrate the pizzeria is hosting a family-friendly parking lot block party featuring speciality priced pizza, beats from mixologist/DJ Paul Sanguinetti, face painting, a photo booth, and even a special appearance by BurgerDaddy. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
5. [noon] Pasadena Greek Fest Taste will have guests enjoying authentic food, live Greek music and dancing in a family friendly setting September 20-22.
6. [noon] Milk Bar Los Angeles turns one and they are throwing a Birthday Party this Sunday with a block party from noon to 3 p.m. with music, tasty sundaes, crafts and an impromptu truffle party.
7. [2 p.m.] dublab spins tunes at Grand Park’s Sunday Sessions, a free outdoor dance party on the park’s Performance Lawn. FREE
8. [4 p.m.] Japan House host Movie & Bites a combined screening and culinary event featuring a discussion, a screening of the acclaimed Japanese film “The Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice” (1952) by legendary filmmaker Yasujiro Ozu and bites of salmon ochazuke plus popcorn during the screening.
9. [6 p.m.] The Griffith Park Merry-Go-Round will be hosting a Roaring Twenties Speakeasy Party with a Vintage Cirque Sideshow. There will be a talented cast of eccentric performers along with other DJ entertainment and live music by Holy Crow Jazz Band. Other highlights include merry-go-round rides, strolling performers, cirque games, dance exhibitions, and more.
10. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $25 tix to the I Like Scary Movies Experience (via Goldstar)