You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, September 23, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sept. 1 to 24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [10 a.m.] ROW DTLA Block Party is two days (Sept 23-24) of awesome street fair vibes, retail activations, craft workshops, live art installations, yoga, cocktails, food, a free outdoor movie screening of The Goonies, DJ sets and much more! FREE
3. [10 a.m.] Hosted by the Emerson Avenue Community Garden, the Westchester Arts & Music (WAM) Block Party returns for a fun filled day of celebration featuring live music and dance, art, food and much more. The garden will also be open for tours and will host kid’s art activities. FREE
4. [noon.] The 22nd Annual Redondo Beach Lobster Festival happening Sept. 22 to 24 will bring 27,000 fresh Maine lobsters to the South Bay for mouth-watering dishes, alongside an impressive music line-up all weekend! Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [2 p.m.] An official Burning Man regional event, the Venice Afterburn comes to Venice Beach’s Windward Plaza on Sept. 22 and 23 offering a less hectic — not to mention less dusty — place to continue enjoying art and creativity after two days on the playa. Open to burners and non-burners alike the event is put on by the folks behind the Venice Art Crawl.
6. [5 p.m.] Produced by the art collective 11:11 the Reseda Rising Artwalk & Night Market is a special night of art installations, live art, a beer garden, a market featuring artists’ work for sale, a drawing workshop, food trucks, live music and a zine fest. This is a family friendly event as well. FREE
7. [5:30 p.m.] PROUD Movie Night at Grand Park comes to Downtown Los Angeles showcasing short films reflecting the diversity and freshness of creators from the Outfest Fusion Festival.FREE
8. [6 p.m.] Eat|See|Hear is having a FREE screening of The Goonies at ROW DTLA. FREE
9. [7 p.m.] Knott’s Scary Farm is back with their signature haunted attractions, mazes and thousands of monsters ready to scare the living day light out of you and your crew. Be sure to check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Museum Day Live!, is a special day where participating museums across the country will offer free admission to any and all guests presenting a free online voucher. Locally, there will be 10 museums in L.A. County who will be participating! FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $10 tix to Dapper Day Expo at Disneyland (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.