As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar. For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra: Free Community Concert at Grand Performances. FRIDAY
2. [FREE] USC Thornton Symphony: Revolutionary Dance. FRIDAY
3 [FREE] Museum Day Live!, is a special day where participating museums across the country will offer free admission to any and all guests presenting a free online voucher. Locally, there will be 10 museums in L.A. County who will be participating! SATURDAY
4. [FREE] Eat|See|Hear is having a FREE screening of The Goonies at ROW DTLA. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] PROUD Movie Night at Grand Park comes to Downtown Los Angeles showcasing short films reflecting the diversity and freshness of creators from the Outfest Fusion Festival. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Hosted by the Emerson Avenue Community Garden, the Westchester Arts & Music (WAM) Block Party returns for a fun filled day of celebration featuring live music and dance, art, food and much more. The garden will also be open for tours and will host kid’s art activities. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Produced by the art collective 11:11 the Reseda Rising Artwalk & Night Market is a special night of art installations, live art, a beer garden, a market featuring artists’ work for sale, a drawing workshop, food trucks, live music and a zine fest. This is a family friendly event as well. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] ROW DTLA Block Party is two days (Sept 23-24) of awesome street fair vibes, retail activations, craft workshops, live art installations, yoga, cocktails, food, a free outdoor movie screening of The Goonies, DJ sets and much more! SATURDAY-SUNDAY
9. [FREE] The 33rd Annual Abbot Kinney Community Festival will feature over 300 vendors, food trucks, rides, games for kids, four music stages and three beer gardens. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] The American Youth Symphony is hosting a FREE concert at UCLA’s Royce Hall this Sunday. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- 22nd Annual Redondo Beach Lobster Festival Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. FRIDAY-SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
- Bloody Mary Festival. SATURDAY
- Cocktails in the City heads to the Los Angeles’ Majestic in Downtown for what they claim as “the largest cocktail festival in California.” SATURDAY
- 2nd annual Dino Fest returns to NHMLA. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- Time Out L.A.’s Battle of the Burger
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.