You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, September 22, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sept. 1 to 24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [2 p.m.] An official Burning Man regional event, the Venice Afterburn comes to Venice Beach’s Windward Plaza on Sept. 22 and 23 offering a less hectic — not to mention less dusty — place to continue enjoying art and creativity after two days on the playa. Open to burners and non-burners alike the event is put on by the folks behind the Venice Art Crawl.
6. [5 p.m.] The Pasadena Greek Fest happening Sept. 22 to 24 will feature classic Greek dishes, drinks, dancing, kid friendly activities and much more.
2. [6 p.m.] The 22nd Annual Redondo Beach Lobster Festival happening Sept. 22 to 24 will bring 27,000 fresh Maine lobsters to the South Bay for mouth-watering dishes, alongside an impressive music line-up all weekend! Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7 p.m.] Knott’s Scary Farm is back with their signature haunted attractions, mazes and thousands of monsters ready to scare the living day light out of you and your crew. Be sure to check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [7:30 p.m.] USC Thornton Symphony: Revolutionary Dance. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] The Actors Gang in Culver City will open their season with Captain Greedy’s Carnival, a musical satire mocking greed, humbug, corruption and predatory capitalism. Follow the story of four innocents who get tricked by a legendary con man. From there on they’ll encounter freaks, illusion, terrifying exhibitions and more. Happening Friday and Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra: Free Community Concert at Grand Performances. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] TOKiMONSTA at The Wiltern presented by KCRW.
10. [various] Pacific Standard Time LA/LA is in full swing with a four-month-long exploration of Latin American and Latino art in relation to the City of Angels. Led by The Getty the high profile event is a collaborative effort with dozens of art institutions across the city. Check out our top highlights here.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $44 tix to the Griffith Park Haunted Hayride (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.