You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, September 27, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] On the last Friday of each month the California Market Center hosts a public sample sale with hundreds of showrooms offering men, women and children fashion as well as gift and home items at below-retail prices.
2. [4 p.m.] The Greens at the Rose Bowl (the grounds surrounding the stadium) hosts Final Fridays a family friendly event happening on the last Friday (4-8 p.m.) of every month where food trucks, life-size games, stadium tours and so more are offered.
3. [5 p.m.] The third annual Van Nuys Arts Festival showcases the artistic talents and skills of local residents. This years theme is “The Glow Up” and the Van Nuys Civic Center will be transformed into an outdoor virtual forest with interactive art installations, live music, a 3-D maze and more. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] The Los Angeles Zoo’s annual after-hours music series, Roaring Nights, is back for summer 2019. Come experience a party atmosphere featuring DJs, bands, a Silent Disco combined with animal talks and feedings plus a number of food trucks. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7 p.m.] The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor returns with six terrifying mazes, including the brand new Rogue, in which the crew either is (or isn’t?) working to save the capsized vessel you’re trapped aboard. Nightly entertainment, rides, roaming monsters, and themed lounges round out Dark Harbor’s offerings. Happening September 26 through November 2. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [7:30 p.m.] Don’t Tell Comedy pops up in DTLA at a secret location with some of the biggest names in comedy. Performers are kept under wraps and the location will be emailed to all ticket holders. BYOB!
7. [7:30 p.m.] Night Dive at the Aquarium of the Pacific is an 18+ party inside the aquarium featuring DJs, food trucks, cocktails and art alongside sea life.
8. [various] Artist Maximillian’s popular horror-themed pop-up I Like Scary Movies returns for Halloween season September 20 through November 17. The detailed and beautiful series of installations is a love letter from the artist to iconic horror films like The Lost Boys, Beetlejuice, and The Shining. Runs Wednesday through Sundays. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Creep L.A. presents the fifth installment of HAUS OF CREEP an immersive 75-minute experience that takes guests in a bizarre world where reality and performance art blur in a very dark way. HAUS OF CREEP will run from September 13 through November 3 on all weekends with some weeknights available.
10. [various] L.A. Dance Project presents L.A. Dances a festival celebrating the future of dance in Los Angeles through premieres and collaborations with local visual artists, site-specific performances, and new productions. Happening September 26 through October 25.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Grab your Lederhosen’s and Dirndl’s and join Skyspace for an Oktoberfest Celebration package featuring a Skyslide ride, 2 beer tickets, a commemorative boot mug, games, giveaways and more.
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!