You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, September 30, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [2 p.m.] LACMA hosts Story Time in the Galleries a special American Sign Language edition for children and families of all ages at BCAM from 2 to 2:45 p.m.
3. [6 p.m.] Go Get Em Tiger and the Music Center After Dark Presents: Queer Nite at the Music Center Plaza. The event features free filter coffee & pastries + full coffeebar menu available for purchase. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Head to Angel City Brewery for Beer and Magic night from 6 to 9 p.m. where guests will experience close-up magic from three award winning magicians.
5. [7 p.m.] Queer Eye’s grooming expert Jonathan Van Ness comes to Barnes & Noble at The Grove to discuss his memoir, Over the Top.
6. [7 p.m.] Head to Frogtown’s artist-run space Tin Flats for a free drive-in movie screening curated with some very special programming. Presented by The France Los Angeles Exchange, this project presents films, performances and exhibitions from artists in the program, as well as a film that echoes their own work. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is a variety show featuring some of the best comedians, music artists and the occasional oddity aimed to entertain.
8. [8 p.m.] Pub trivia at The Red Lion Tavern.
10. [various] Beyond Fest, Los Angeles’ strangest, scariest, and largest genre film festival returns Sep. 25 to Oct. 8 with another year of bold programming.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $25 tix to the I Like Scary Movies Experience (via Goldstar)
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!