You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, September 30, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [2 p.m.] LACMA hosts Story Time in the Galleries a special American Sign Language edition for children and families of all ages at BCAM from 2 to 2:45 p.m.
3. [6 p.m.] Go Get Em Tiger and the Music Center After Dark Presents: Queer Nite at the Music Center Plaza. The event features free filter coffee & pastries + full coffeebar menu available for purchase. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Head to Angel City Brewery for Beer and Magic night from 6 to 9 p.m. where guests will experience close-up magic from three award winning magicians.
5. [7 p.m.] Queer Eye’s grooming expert Jonathan Van Ness comes to Barnes & Noble at The Grove to discuss his memoir, Over the Top.
6. [7 p.m.] Head to Frogtown’s artist-run space Tin Flats for a free drive-in movie screening curated with some very special programming. Presented by The France Los Angeles Exchange, this project presents films, performances and exhibitions from artists in the program, as well as a film that echoes their own work. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is a variety show featuring some of the best comedians, music artists and the occasional oddity aimed to entertain.
8. [8 p.m.] Pub trivia at The Red Lion Tavern.
10. [various] Beyond Fest, Los Angeles’ strangest, scariest, and largest genre film festival returns Sep. 25 to Oct. 8 with another year of bold programming.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $25 tix to the I Like Scary Movies Experience (via Goldstar)