You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] A Yeti Village has been constructed on Hollywood and Vine in anticipation for the movie SMALLFOOT. Designed to look like winter, visitors of all ages can dance in a blizzard, swing on a cloud, ride a 20-foot slide, play in a snowball pit, sing karaoke, do arts and crafts and more. The family-friendly experience is free to attend and runs through September 14, 2018. FREE
2. [2 p.m.] G&B coffee located inside Grand Central Market will host a free coffee cupping demonstration at 2 p.m. led by an experienced barista. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] The annual Future is Female concert returns for a 2018 show featuring music from female composers such as Germaine Franco (TAG) and Tamar-kali (Mudbound).
4. [7 p.m.] Wait Wait Pasadena!, a quiz night at Vroman’s Bookstore.
5. [8 p.m.] Mozart Under the Stars at the Hollywood Bowl.
6. [8 p.m.] Doctor Who happy hour at The Fox and Hounds in Studio City.
7. [8 p.m.] Movie Nights at Tropicana Bar located at The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel will throw Angelenos a movie night series every Tuesday night from 8 to 11 p.m. from June through September by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool. Screening this week is Shampoo.
8. [8 p.m.] Broadway Sings Disney is a powerhouse concert developed from the Walt Disney catalog’s 80-plus years of magical music. From Steamboat Willie, to Frozen’s “Let It Go,” happening at the Rockwell Table & Stage. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] Modern Southwestern eatery Panxa Cocina in Long Beach just rolled out an impressive Hatch Chile Menu for the month of September. Highlights include a Wild Prawn and Hatch Relleno and Wagyu Chicken Fried Steak smothered in hatch chile gravy.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $30 tix to see Harry Connnick Jr. (with fireworks) at the Hollywood Bowl via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.