You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, September 8, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Instantaneous Pet Service and Pan Pacific Park will host a summer Sunday Doggie Yoga Series highlighting pet fitness. Grab your fur baby, a mat, and water for a one hour yoga session. Coffee and snacks will be provided by Le Pain Quotidien. This is a donation based event.
2. [9 a.m.] Returning for its 30th year, the Belmont Shore Car Show boasts over 500 classic, custom and novelty vehicles parked on over 14 blocks in Long Beach. Guests get to peruse, take pictures with, and sometimes, even get inside some of the cars. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] The Other Art Fair Los Angeles happening September 5-8 at The Barker Hanger in Santa Monica will showcase a curated selection of over 140 independent artists with art for sale plus live DJ sets, event tours, conversations with art scene leaders, live activations and a bar.
4. [11 a.m.] The fifteenth day of the eighth lunar month is time to celebrate the Moon Festival. Head to Santa Anita Park for The Moon Festival Spectacular, a two-daylong celebration featuring Chinese and Asian arts, a lantern festival, traditional food and live entertainment. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Three-day photography fair Classic Photographs Los Angeles returns to Bergamot Station in Santa Monica from September 6 to 8 for a free exhibit of vintage, modern, and contemporary photography available for purchase. FREE
6. [11:30 a.m. & 2:30 p.m.] The Bob Baker Marionette Theater will revive their original 1963 show Bob Baker’s Sketchbook Revue at their new home, the historic York Theater in Highland Park. The show runs Saturday and Sunday.
7. [noon] The Original Long Beach Lobster Festival returns for the 23rd year September 6-8 at Rainbow Lagoon Park in Long Beach with copious amounts of delicious lobster prepared in a variety of ways. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [3 p.m.] Writer Gustavo Arellano and KCRW’s Good Food host Evan Kleiman have been hunting for the tasting tortillas in Southern California, and this Sunday they’ll present the best of the best at KCRW & Gustavo’s Great Tortilla Tournament. Expect music via DJs Raul Campos and José Galván, tortilla tastings, margaritas and michelada bars, and more. FREE
9. [3 p.m.] The California African American Museum will host a 60-minute yoga flow led by Hieroglyphics yoga studio owner and CSULA Pan-African Studies professor, Staci Mitchell. The flow will feature neosoul music with live vocals by singer Dorian. All levels are welcome. Please bring your own yoga mat. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $12.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)