You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, September 9, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10:30 a.m.] The Record Parlour in Hollywood is having a $1 record sidewalk sale of music across all genres.
2. [5 p.m.] Stop into Accomplice Bar in Mar Vista for a night of crafted drinks and giving back. Monkey Shoulder National Ambassador, Vance Henderson, will be joined by some very special guest bartenders for a Monday happy hour from 5 – 7 p.m. with a portion of all cocktail sales to be donated to Skid Row Housing Trust.
3. [6 p.m.] The Voice holds an open mic event every second Monday of the month at The Hotel Cafe on Cahuenga. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Monday Night Trivia at Imperial Western located inside Union Station.
5. [7:30 p.m.] An Evening With Greensky Bluegrass at the GRAMMY Museum.
6. [8 p.m.] Dan Harmon (Community, Rick & Morty) brings his podcast,Harmontown to Dynasty Typerwriter for a live taping.
7. [8 p.m.] Trivia Night at the Red Lion Tavern.
8. [8 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is a variety show featuring some of the best comedians, music artists and the occasional oddity aimed to entertain.
9. [8:30 p.m.]Melrose Rooftop Theatre screens Step Brothers.
10. [various] PaleyFest returns to the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills September 5-15 with panels and screenings of the most hotly anticipated new fall TV shows. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $12.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)