Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday through Friday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, September 9 to Friday, September 13, features Twilight Concerts On The Pier, Griffith Observatory Sunset Walk & Talk, Brian Wilson & The Zombies at The Greek Theatre, Moonlight Yoga at LA River, Son of Monsterpalooza and MUCH more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday September 9th, 2019
2. Stop into Accomplice Bar in Mar Vista for a night of crafted drinks and giving back. Monkey Shoulder National Ambassador, Vance Henderson, will be joined by some very special guest bartenders for a Monday happy hour from 5 to 7 p.m. with a portion of all cocktail sales to be donated to Skid Row Housing Trust.
3. PaleyFest returns to the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills September 5-15 with panels and screenings of the most hotly anticipated new fall TV shows. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. The Record Parlour in Hollywood is having a $1 record sidewalk sale of music across all genres.
5. Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is a variety show featuring some of the best comedians, music artists and the occasional oddity aimed to entertain.
NOTE: There’s a SPAM® MUSUBI MADNESS pop-up taking place at LONO in Hollywood September 14 and 21 offering all types of crazy SPAM® creations like a soft serve and a globally themed build-your-own SPAM® musubi bar. Presented by Foodbeast, this event and the food is free. All you just need to do is snag a ticket when they are released today (Monday, September 9) here.
Tuesday September 10th, 2019
6. The Wiltern and Los Angeles-based community organizations come together for Ice On Fire: Coming Together to Put Out the Climate Crisis. The event screens Leonardo DiCaprio’s narrated and produced film Ice On Fire and discuss practical solutions for how to live a more environmentally conscious lifestyle. A limited amount of complimentary tickets are still available for the event.
7. Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. 260LA will host a sample sale featuring Paris label Maje from September 10-15.
Wednesday September 11th, 2019
10. Twilight Concerts returns every Wednesday from August 21 to September 25 for free music performances on the Santa Monica Pier. This week Hollie Cook, West Standard Time Ska Orchestra & Upstream will perform. FREE
11. Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month led by a Park Ranger and museum guide. FREE
12. Wellness Wednesday at Westfield Century City will celebrate the Los Angeles Flagship Launch of Parsley Health with an evening of wellness activations including a panel discussion on the future of Wellness and Healthcare, a Wellness crawl and special offers. FREE
13. Mac DeMarco performs at Ford Theatres this Wednesday in celebration of his sixth studio album Here Comes the Cowboy.
14. Plan C a free comedy show happening on the second Wednesday of every month at The York in Highland Park returns for a round of progressive laughs starting at 9 p.m. FREE
15. The first-ever Museum of Weed is a 30,000 square foot space of ‘higher learning’ presented by WeedMaps aims to provide insight and history into marijuana through interactive exhibits, Instagram-friendly art installations and a bevy of historical artifacts. The museum is open Wednesday through Sunday now till September 29. Admission starts at $35.
Thursday September 12th, 2019
16. Brian Wilson and The Zombies stop by The Greek Theatre during their Something Great from ‘68 and More Tour. Wilson and fellow Beach Boys Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin will be highlighting the band’s late-‘60s and ‘70s work, while The Zombies will perform songs from their psychedelic album Odessey & Oracle. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
17. Friends of the LA River (FOLAR) will host a Moonlight Yoga And Nature Walk this Thursday. There’s a humble suggestion donation of $5. No one will be turned away if they don’t have the funds.
18. Tim Burton dazzled us with “The Nightmare Before Christmas” 26 years ago and from September 12 through 25 The El Capitan in Hollywood will screen the beloved movie in 3D with interactive 4D sensory effects. Producer, Don Hahn and Author, Dave Bossert will introduce the movie during Thursdays opening night show at 7 p.m.
20. Head to General Lees in Chinatown for Second Thursdays where local DJs curate a mix of house, disco, and techno from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. while guests sip on the bars new Fables Cocktail Menu.
21. Head to the Getty Villa for an outdoor performance of The Heal in the Barbara and Lawrence Fleischman Theater. Sit in the stunning venue modeled after ancient Greek and Roman theaters and enjoy a new version of Sophocles’ timeless tale. The show runs every Thursday through Saturday from September 6-28. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. Learn about Baja California wine when Pláticas y Pruebas at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes turns its attention to the Valle de Guadalupe for a night of conversation and wine tasting.
23. Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, parties, food trucks, and and more in the heart of the Los Angeles Historic Core.
24. Silver Lake’s 4100 Bar turns 19 on Thursday. To celebrate, guests can enjoy eats from Rich’s BBQ, happy hour specials from 5-8 p.m. $3 Pabst Blue Ribbon’s all night, and art activations.
25. Night Market is back on the hilltop of the iconic Yamashiro restaurant every Thursday all summer long. Angelenos can enjoy boutique vendors, food vendors, a concert series, cocktails at Yamashiro’s Pagoda Bar and an unbeatable view of Hollywood. This event is also kid friendly. Please note this year the organizers are charging $10 to park at the shuttle location. Shuttles are free and so is admission.
26. Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
Friday September 13th, 2019
27. Get ready to scream, be amazed or simply turn away because Son of Monsterpalooza is coming just in time for Halloween with makeup demos, panels, and more happening September 13-15.
28. LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes in Downtown Los Angeles continues their Summer of Salsa concert series this Friday. Dance to the sounds of some of the city’s best salsa and Cuban bands one Friday evening each month through summer. FREE
29. Spend Friday The 13th at Scum and Villainy Cantina and kick off Halloween season with horror trivia, themed drinks and more. Costumes are encouraged. No cover!
30. Earth, Wind & Fire lights up the stage of The Hollywood Bowl this Friday and Saturday with a funkified show with a firework finale.
31. The L.A. County Fair returns to Pomona for an enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, food and beverage offerings, and more. The fair runs Friday through Sunday and Labor Day through September 23. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
32. Enjoy an evening of music when Jazz at LACMA returns for their weekly free performances in the courtyard from 6 to 8 p.m. FREE
Food Pick for the Week
This week’s pick by Christina Champlin, Co-Founder of We Like L.A.
Got two different unique ideas for you this week…
Enjoy an interactive Friday night dinner at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck during their special Mid-Autumn Festival. The celebration showcases the culinary talents of the Wolfgang Puck family with chefs from Spago, CUT, Hotel Bel-Air, and WP24 by Wolfgang Puck joining together for the evening to host guests at a variety of food stations spaced throughout the restaurant. Highlights include whole roasted Korean spiced Sonoma lamb, ricotta gnocchi, black sesame egg tarts and moon cakes. There are three ticketing options to choose from, depending on the package, a ticket can cost $69, $99 or $149. Purchase your ticket here.
This Friday Gate:Bar Centro will launch at The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Beverly Hills. Limited to only 10 guests per evening, guests are taken on a drinkable voyage around the globe with 12 tastings and a selection of tapas from The Bazaar. The series is available Wednesday through Saturday at 7:30 p.m. In the near future Gate: Bar Centro will also play host to a series of guest bartender pop-ups, seasonal tastings, and collaborative events. Tickets cost $100 per person.