Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome. Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend (Oct. 21 to Oct. 23) includes a night hike in Griffith Park, a block party in Glendale, a beer circus in Azusa, the Brewery ArtWalk, a Storytelling Soiree, and LOTS more to choose from.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday October 21th, 2016
1. For the past 45 years, The Sivley family has been bringing haunts to Santa Clarita, and are back this year with their award winning haunted house experience, Beware the Dark Realm beginning this weekend! FREE
2. Starting this Friday Royce’s Arcade Warehouse will start ‘Threeplay Fridays’ from 4 to 7 p.m. For $3 you get three hours of unlimited play of games such as Donkey Kong, Street Fighter 2, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga and many more.
3. Art and nature collide at the Digital Nature Art Show at LA Arboretum Oct. 21-22. The two-night event will feature artists projecting their digital and video works onto the botanical gardens. Discount tickets are available for this event while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. Screamfest Horror Film Festival showcases some of the best in horror, helping to break out films like Paranormal Activity and Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. Expect several U.S. premieres, special panels and more. Happening Oct 18 through 27. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. Go on a (beginner level) night hike in Griffith Park with Ranger Ernie this Friday starting at 6:30 p.m. FREE
6. Rooftop Cinema Club features two screenings this weekend: Friday on Friday and Top Gun on Saturday.
7. CreepLA returns Sept. 15 – Oct. 31, promising a bigger and scarier time where the lines of reality and performance art are blurred into your worst nightmare. Tickets available Wednesday through the weekend.
8. The Diversity in Comedy Festival at Second City Hollywood starts this Friday offering a three-day series of panels, workshops, and performance all aimed at exploring issues of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
9. The Groundlings presents Hook-Up App a new sketch comedy show that spotlights dating in the digital age. Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre hosts Urban Death Tour of Terror a immersive haunted house experience every Friday and Saturday from Oct. 7 – Nov. 5. Guests walk through a maze surrounded by monsters and arrive in the theater for a 20-minute performance before reentering the maze, this time with new monsters lurking at every turn.
11. Eat|See|Hear presents Front Porch Cinema, a free movie night under the stars taking place every Friday on Santa Monica Pier from Sept. 30 through Oct. 28. This week Labyrinth will be screened. FREE
12. Knott’s Scary Farm is back with 13 haunted attractions, four new mazes, a thousand monsters and, for the first time ever, standalone Skeleton Room Keys. Don’t miss out on the laser gun fight with zombies! Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. Head over to Oktoberfest in Alpine Village and enjoy traditional Bavarian fun, food, and beer. The is considered one of the oldest running Oktoberfest celebration in Southern California. Festivities continue all the way until Oct. 29.
14. The 1993 Disney classic Hocus Pocus will screen at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood all weekend. Before each screening Rob Richards and the Mighty Wurlitzer Organ will reanimate The Skeleton Dance, one of Disney’s first spooky cartoon shorts. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
15. Bluecollar Halloween Pack Walk at Echo Park Lake is a free Halloween event with mans best friend. There will be a costume contest, raffle, dog friendley pinatas and more. FREE
16. Studios will open after hours to the public during Art Night Pasadena taking place in Old Town Pasadena. The event is free and celebrates local artists through exhibits, live music and entertainment. FREE
17. If the idea of hopping on a bandwagon that travels through the darkness of Griffith Park while monsters hide in the shadows to scare you sounds like fun, than the L.A. Haunted Hayride is the place to be. Happening all weekend!
Saturday October 22nd, 2016
18. The first ever Brand Boulevard Block Party hits Glendale this Saturday featuring tastings from Shake Shack, Mainland Poke, Epic Taco, The Pie Hole and more!
19. The Electric Dusk Drive-In is back at a new location on Fletcher Street at the LACCD Van De Kamp college campus complete with an astroturf outdoor seating area. This weekend is a double feature of Scream and Poltergeist. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
20. Take a three-hour Downtown Los Angeles Food Walking Tour thats part history, architecture, and food! You’ll get plenty of chances to grab a bite from seven unique eateries so come hungry. Happening Saturday and Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. Nothing beats the combo of beer and wings. Celebrate the harmonious union at the Hot Wings and Craft Beer Festival at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia this Saturday. Check for discount tickets while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. There’s a Public Celebration for beloved mountain lion P-22 in Griffith Park. Festival will include music and dance performances, an animal puppet show, a children’s art contest, nature hikes with park rangers, demonstration gardens, and a wildlife costume contest. FREE
23. The Heritage Square Museum will host their annual Mourning Tours Saturday and Sunday. Guests will join in on a seance, witness a Victorian funeral and celebrate with a Halloween party old school style.
25. Go on a fascinating four-hour Raymond Chandler bus tour. The folks at Esotouric Bus Adventures will take you through the rough streets that shaped the authors writing from Paramount Studios to the Athletic Club. There’s even a stop at ice cream favorite Scoops for a Chandler-themed gelato. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar).
26. Miss the Singaporean Chili Crab at the old Starry Kitchen? Now you can get it AYCE style at theJACCCs annual CrabFest. Menu also includes Beignets made with Three Weavers Brew, garlic noodles, corn on the cob and snow crab legs.
27. The LA Kings are back for NHL season at STAPLES Center. Watch the fast paced game versus the Vancouver Canucks in premier seating for a discounted price this Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
28. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour this Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. The Brewery ArtWalk returns this Saturday and Sunday in DTLA with over 100 participating resident artists showcasing and selling their works to the public. FREE
31. Go on a unique treasure hunt with discount tickets to the Alchemist’s Lab escape room at the Oddville Art Space. Available Thursday through Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
32. Celebrate Oktoberfest with unlimited refills in a souvenir glass stein at the LA Oktoberfest at MBS Media Campus in Manhattan Beach this Saturday.
33. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening Saturday through Sunday.DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
34. Chefs will throw down at the only Vegan Taco Competition in L.A. Taking place at Cafe Gratitude in Larchmont guest will taste nine vegan tacos from notable chefs in the city.
35. Artisanal LA is back for it’s Fall Show at the California Market Center this Saturday and Sunday to showcase 100+ top artisanal food vendors from around the country. Guest will have a chance to sample, shop and participate in workshops.
36. Descanso Gardens has something mildly spooky and fun for the entire family when the Ensemble Shakespeare Theater perform during Slightly Spooky Stories right in the middle of the boo-tiful gardens on Oct. 22-23.
37. The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor promises to be darker, more shocking, and even more terrifying than ever. A new spirit named the Iron Master will join a group of sinister spirits and hundreds of their horrific henchmen ready to scare guests in the five different mazes on the ship, along with a Paintball Shooting Gallery, a 4-D horror show, freak shows and more. Check for discounted tickets Thursday through Sunday before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
38. The fall’s largest arts and crafts fair in the Inland Valley is back this Saturday with the 35th Annual Village Venture Arts & Crafts Faire in Claremont. FREE
39. The Lagunitas Beer Circus comes to Azusa this Saturday to offer two stages with more than 100 bands plus circus staples burlesque, side show acts, and aerialists. Oh, and lots of beer! Tickets are $40 with proceeds going to LaunchLA.
40. The Oktoberfest spirit is headed to downtown Los Angeles over the weekend with Oktoberfest DTLA at Pershing Square. Admission is free with tasting packages available from $15-$65.
41. The Strut Your Mutt fundraiser is a chance to enjoy a brisk walk with your furry friend while benefiting those dogs who have yet to find a home. The benefit walk will take place at Exposition Park.
42. The 11th Annual Pasadena ARTWalk returns this Saturday on Colorado Boulevard for an open-air art market featuring original pieces from over 75 artist. FREE
43. The inaugural San Fernando Fall Harvest Craft Beer Tasting will showcase So Cal’s best craft beers as well as live music, food trucks and local craft vendors. Drink for a good cause as a portion of the proceeds benefit Best Friends Animal Society and the No Kill L.A. Admission to the festival is free. The ticketed portion only applies to the beer tasting garden. Prices start at $35.99.
44. 33 Taps Silver Lake will celebrate their grand opening this Saturday from 2 to 7 p.m. with giveaways and freebies from Blue Moon, Coors and Fireman’s Brew. The celebration continues on Sunday, from noon to 5 p.m. with more giveaways and freebies from Golden Road, Coors, Blue Moon and Bud Light. 99 cent wing specials, $5 draft beers and sports happening all weekend!
Sunday October 23rd, 2016
45. There’s a ‘Storytelling Soiree’ coming to El Cid this Sunday hosted by Beyond Books and We Like L.A. (hey, that’s us!). Spend an evening enjoying immersive stories, music, art, devilish cocktails and costumes.
46. Art and artisans will soon fill the One Colorado courtyard for a special Art & Design Open Market featuring art for sale, live musical, pop-up shops and art workshops and free Dots Cupcake! FREE
47. Take your pumpkin to the limit during the 26th Annual World Famous Pumpkin Race Festival where pumpkins are pimped out into racing machines all for a good cause.
48. Listen up, October is National Domestic Violence Awareness month and the good folks over at YesICAN will hosts a Bowling with Stormtroopers event at Winnetka Bowl in the San Fernando Valley. Come out and donate to the cause. $20 gets you two games, shoes and lunch plus you get to meet your favorite Star Wars characters from the SoCal Garrison of the 501st Stormtrooper Legion. Bowl with them for a small cost 😉
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].