Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome.
Since time is precious in this fast paced city we curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles for every weekend that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend in L.A. (November 3 – November 5) includes, Grand Ave Arts: All Access, a Pizza & Beer Festival, ComplexCon, Día de los Muertos in Boyle Heights, Griffith Park Fall Festival, Lagunitas Beer Circus and MUCH more.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday November 3rd, 2017
1. Latin music icon Selena will receive her posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Friday, November 3. Keep the Selena vibe going that evening when Club 90s presents Selena Night DTLA at the Regent in Downtown Los Angeles!
2. Eataly LA is finally opening its doors this Friday at 6 p.m. in the newly revamped Westfield Century City. The 60,000-plus square feet marketplace will house thousands of Italian products, a cooking school and multiple dining spots serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
3. The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
4. The ultimate zombie story Night of the Living Dead, transform into a stage play at Archway Studio in North Hollywood. The adaptation pays tribute to the classic horror film with a twist, it’s set in modern times. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. Café Bustelo is bringing free coffee and espresso-style drinks to L.A. now through November 4. Simply stop by one of the various mobile truck locations to grab an iced or hot coffee, cortadito, cafecito or café con leche free of charge. Check out the entire schedule of locations here.
6. 260 Sample Sale LA returns with a Zadig & Voltaire sample sale at their Beverly Hills store November 1-5. Offering up to %80 off of women’s and men’s clothing, accessories and shoes.
7. Old Town Music Hall in El Segundo will screen 1953 classic Roman Holiday staring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck this Friday and Saturday. Each screening will open the evening with music played on the pipe organ, a sing along and a comedy short.
8. Metro Art presents “L.A. Documentaries at Union Station,” a celebration of the city of Angels through true stories on film. Continuing the series is “Mur Murs” this Friday in the Historic Ticketing Hall. FREE
9. Now through November 5, check out the Dia de los Muertos altars on display at Grand Park. FREE
10. Wicked Lit is a spooky immersive theatre experience taking horror literature and turning them into plays at the Mountain View Mausoleum & Cemetery. It happens every Thursday through Sunday from September 28 through November 9. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. Shop Vince’s sample sale from November 1-3. Score deals on men’s and women’s apparel and footwear.
13. Check out multi-sensory, walk-through experience Creep LA at the Music Box in DTLA happening October 5 through November 12. Inspired by the Amazon Prime Exclusive Series Lore the fully engaging, multi-sensory and super-scary experience, featuring some of pop culture’s most legendary horror myths. Happening Thursdays through Sundays.
14. The Actors Gang in Culver City will open their season with Captain Greedy’s Carnival, a musical satire mocking greed, humbug, corruption and predatory capitalism. Follow the story of four innocents who get tricked by a legendary con man. From there on they’ll encounter freaks, illusion, terrifying exhibitions and more. Happening Friday and Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
15. Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
16. Free admission at: Norton Simon Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art.
Saturday November 4th, 2017
17. The third annual Grand Ave Arts: All Access returns to DTLA this Saturday and invites Angelenos to explore ten cultural institutions along Grand Avenue including the Broad, Mark Taper Forum and Grand Park. FREE
18. Self Help Graphics & Art is hosting their 44th annual celebration of Día de los Muertos in Boyle Heights this Saturday featuring a traditional ceremony blessing, food and craft vendors, face painting and children’s workshops. FREE
19. ComplexCon is a gathering of pop culture enthusiasts, sneaker heads, streetwear addicts and music lovers for two days of elevated pop culture. The Stellar lineup of artists performaces include N*E*R*D, Gucci Mane, M.I.A., Young Thug and DJ Khaled. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
20. Esotouric Bus Adventures hosts a four-hour luxury coach tour of Weird West Adams. Checkout one of L.A.’s most dilapidated neighborhoods and hear fascinating tales from the past hundred years. Guests will also visit landmarks like Alvarado Terrace, the Rosedale Cemetery and the death scene of Motown’s Marvin Gaye. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. Enjoy a circus-style beer festival when the Lagunitas Beer Circus takes over the Pomona Fairplex. Get your hands on newly released beers, enjoy live music, sexy burlesque dancers, stunning aerialists and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. Join the L.A. Conservancy for a walking tour of Wilshire Blvd. in Koreatown. Explore Koreatown’s architecture and history with access to about half a dozen sites, with informative Conservancy docents on hand to share cultural, historical, and architectural info.
23. The Pizza & Beer Festival heads to L.A. Center Studios in Downtown L.A. for a day of unlimited pizza tastings from some of the top restaurant and trucks. Wash it all down with unlimited craft beer tastings from local and regional breweries. In addition to food there will be live music, boutique art vendors, games and hand-rolled cigars for your smoking pleasure.
24. The inaugural DOPIUM.LA event will take place in the heart of Chinatown at Mandarin Plaza. The one-night art festival celebrates Asian American expression through food, music and never-before-seen art exhibits. The event aims to re-brand Chinatown as a modern, creative place. FREE
25. 7th Street Produce Market celebrates its centennial this Saturday at Row DTLA with live entertainment, food from Smorgasburg vendors and more.
26. Mushroom fan? Check out “Myco-Cosmos,” a free outdoor public performance in collaboration with artist and mycologist Phil Ross. Mushroom expert Paul Stamets will lead a guided meditation on “humanity’s fungal future within the universe.” The event is free and open to the public. Happening at the Los Angeles State Historic Park. FREE
27. Long Beach Airport’s annual Festival of Flight is a free community celebration featuring aircraft on static display, food trucks, a beer garden, and live music. This year’s event will feature a C-17 from March Airforce Base, the Charger Girls and more. FREE
28. OUE Skyspace LA is hosting a “Holiday Spirits” event where guests will learn how to create holiday cocktails, listen to holiday tunes and enjoy a ride on the Skyslide. Your ticket will also get you take-home recipe cards, admission to all four levels of OUE Skyspace LA, complimentary food and drinks, and more.
29. Bird Fest returns to the Santa Monica Mountains with guided bird walks, kids activities, booths, food, and presentations from local bird experts. The festival will also feature an appearance by Dolly, a California Condor from the Los Angeles Zoo. FREE
30. Feastown at Eastown, a new, bimonthly popup night marketplace featuring food vendors and live music, debuted in Hollywood October and now returns for two Saturdays in November with a Thanksgiving-theme. There is no cover to attend. Part of the proceeds from food purchases will go to help locals in need.
31. There’s a massive ZOOSHOO warehouse sale with styles available for $5, $10 and $15. Brands featured in the sale include Jeffrey Campbell, Steve Madden, Doc Marten and J. Adams.
32. Check out Hollywood Forever Cemetery’s renowned Historic Walking Tour this Saturday. The popular, fact-filled tour are led by film historian Karie Bible.
33. California Dapper Day is back at the Disneyland Hotel November 4 and 5. The expo will feature vintage goods, dancing and special meet and greets. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Sunday November 5th, 2017
34. Woofstock 90210 is a canine-centric, family-friendly event taking place at Beverly Hills’ Roxbury Park this Sunday. Fun events for dogs and humans alike include pet adoptions/rescues, pet-related vendors, food trucks, a pet parade, face and body painting for both pets and people, live entertainment and more. FREE
35. Shamilton at UCB Sunset is a hilarious musical improve show where the audience picks famous figures from Genghis Khan to Kim Kardashian and the Shamilton cast will create an improvised musical about them on the spot.
36. The Griffith Park Fall Festival will feature live music, food, games and local craft brews. Keep in mind this event is designed to be car-free with a bike valet. FREE
37. Fall in the Farm, at the Fairplex in Pomona is a free open-house event focusing on farm activities suitable for all ages including gardening, food and agricultural fun. FREE
38. On the first Sunday of each month the Glendale Brewery hosts Yoga+Brew led by Yoga with Joel from noon to 1 p.m. All levels are welcome, class cost $10 and your first pint is free.
39. There’s a Martha Stewart Musical happening at the Rockwell. Created by Ryan Raftery who had smash-hit musicals about Anna Wintour and Andy Cohen, Martha Stewart Musical tells the fascinating story of America’s first self-made female billionaire, from her humble beginnings to her time in federal prison and afterward. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
40. The Great Rock and Roll Flea Market will take over The Regent Theater in DTLA with an impressive selection of vintage collectors, antiquities dealers, vintage clothing, jewelry makers, music memorabilia, vinyl, local food vendors, food trucks, craftsmen and used musical instruments dealers. FREE
41. Friendship Buddies is a weekly stand-up comedy show at the Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park. Come hangout in the back patio, enjoy a cocktail, and LOL to outstanding stand-up comedians in Los Angeles. FREE
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at email@example.com.