Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome. Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend (Nov. 4 to Nov. 6) includes First Fridays, the WestEdge Design Fair, LA Weekly’s Artopia, Mercado Sagrado at Paramount Ranch, a craft beer fest in El Segundo, free film noir at Union Station, and LOTS more to choose from.
Also remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Friday November 4th, 2016
1. There’s a free classic Movie Screening Series at Union Station this Friday they will screen the noir classic Criss Cross. FREE
2. The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
3. Every Friday of November, Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal, holiday and prohibition era drinks. This weeks theme is Fall Seasonal Cocktails.
4. The premier design event for industry pros and home design admirers, WestEdge Design Fair returns Nov. 3 to 6 at the Santa Monica Barker Hangar. Check for discounted tickets on select dates. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. The Pacific Theatres Winnetka will celebrate their grand re-opening by hosting FREE movies Nov. 3 to 6. Screenings include Marvel’s “Dr Strange” and DreamWorks Animation’s “Trolls.” There’s even a BYOB policy, that is “bring your own bucket” at the popcorn station so come prepared. FREE
6. On Fridays Royce’s Arcade Warehouse hosts ‘Threeplay Fridays’ from 4 to 7 p.m. For $3 you get three hours of unlimited play of games such as Donkey Kong, Street Fighter 2, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga and many more.
7. The Getty will put on a special after hour screening of acclaimed British artist and filmmaker Derek Jarman’s film Blue. Screened outdoors on the Getty’s Garden Terrace the film features a single shot of the color blue with voice-overs by Jarman and actors Tilda Swinton, Nigel Terry, and John Quentin. FREE
8. The Groundlings presents Hook-Up App a new sketch comedy show that spotlights dating in the digital age. Happening Friday and Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. The Breeders’ Cup finale is coming to Santa Anita Park this weekend Nov. 4-5. Dress your best and prepare to end the thoroughbred racing session in style.
10. Back for its 7th year, Wicked Lit is a spooky immersive theatre experience that takes classic horror literature and turns them into plays at the Mountain View Mausoleum & Cemetery. Check for discount tickets all weekend before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. DOLAN sample sale is happening Nov. 4-5 in their brand new factory store in Vernon. Often found at Anthropologie, the label will feature an assortment of low key dresses, tops, sweatshirts, and more.
12. ICE at Santa Monica is back! Get into the winter spirit by going ice skating, sip on hot chocolate and listening to festive tunes. The event is a beloved family tradition and runs now till Jan. 16, 2017.
13. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. The Bailey Blue one day sale is happening from 11 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. score dresses, skirts, and tops for $9! Location: 1850 E 15th St Unit B Los Angeles, CA 90021
15. LACMA’s Film department presents Fuel for Nightmares, a curated film series based on Guillermo del Toro’s favorite films. This week Hellboy will be screened.
16. The Linea Pelle accessory sample sale is happening Nov. 2 to Nov. 5 at their corporate offices in Los Angeles.
17. The Norton Simon Museum presents a series of French Film Noirs from the 1950s and ‘60s. This week they will screen Touchez Pas au Grisbi (1954). Doors open at 5 p.m. Films are free with admission (this week admission is also free!!!) All films are screened with English subtitles. FREE
18. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
19. Free admission days this Friday for: Norton Simon Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (noon to 5 pm), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 – 8 p.m.) FREE
20. Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
Saturday November 5th, 2016
21. Celebrate the culture and arts of Los Angeles while sampling food, enjoying cocktails and taking in breathtaking views of the city at LA Weekly’s Artopia, coming to OUE Skyspace this Saturday. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase.DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. Esotouric Bus Adventures hosts a four-hour luxury coach tour called Weird West Adams this Saturday. Guest will be treated to detailed descriptions of some of the most fascinating tales from the past hundred years, and visit landmarks like Alvarado Terrace, the Rosedale Cemetery and the death scene of Motown’s Marvin Gaye. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. A Party Called Ron McNair at The Theatre at Ace Hotel.
24. Margaret Cho, Anthony Jeslnik and Nikki Glaser will be doing stand-up at L.A.’s legendary Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip this Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. See Doctor Strange in 3D at Hollywood’s El Capitan Theatre this weekend! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
26. The Rising Tohoku Food Fair (Nov. 5-6) returns to Mitsuwa Marketplace in Torrance for two full days of Japanese food specials, workshops, and dance performances. FREE
27. Now in its third year, Mercado Sagrado features artisan goods, organic food, workshops, lectures, live music and much more, all taking place at Paramount Ranch over the weekend of Nov. 5-6
28. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour this Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. The LA Kings are back for NHL season at STAPLES Center. Watch the fast paced game versus the Calgary Flames. check for discounted tickets for premiere and suites seating. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
30. Dapper Day is back at the Disneyland Hotel Nov. 5-6! The free market place will feature vintage goods, dancing and special meet and greets. FREE
32. TRAFFIC Los Angeles is having a warehouse sale. For one day only score 70-80% off men’s and women’s fashion featuring brands like Alexander Wang, Iro, Kenzo, Moschino and more.
33. Red Bull Sound Select return for 30 Days in LA, a month-long series of events featuring concert, dance parties, movie nights and more. Tickets are still available on select days check out the line up and schedules here.
34. Festival of Flight allows the public to checkout aircrafts up close at the Long Beach Airport. The open house is free to attend and will also feature food trucks, aviation experts and a beer garden. FREE
35. LOVE GOODLY presents DO GOOD. BE GREEN a conscious minded lifestyle event taking place in Downtown Los Angeles. Guests will gain access to complimentary eco beauty activities, get informed during panel discussions by LA industry leaders and leave with an eco-luxury lifestyle box and tote full of beauty swag.
36. El Velorio, a massive Dia de los Muertos soiree will take over Plaza de la Raza this Saturday. Thousands of Angelenos will be in attendance along with hundreds of local artists, live mural painting, food, face painting and more. This year’s mariachi themed El Velorio will open with a special performance by Danza Azteca, live music by Mariachi Manchester, DJ Gazoo, and headliner Metalachi.
37. ComplexCon 2016 (Nov 5-6) at the Long Beach Convention Center is two days of popular culture under one roof. From getting up close and personal with brands, retailers, art and other activations to performances from some of the biggest names in music like Skrillex, 2 Chainz and Snoop Dog.
38. Dress your best and be prepared to be surrounded by fashion and beauty industry leaders and influencers during StyleCon at the Long Beach Convention Center. Guests will enjoy complimentary hair, makeup and nail services, style panels, fashion presentations, and opportunities to meet Instagrammers, bloggers, and YouTubers.
Sunday November 6th, 2016
39. The Great Rock and Roll Flea Market takes over The Regent Theater in DTLA on the first Sunday of every month with an impressive selection of vintage, music memorabilia, vinyl and much more.
40. 6th annual Craft Beer Fest at Rock & Brews El Segundo
41. Le Salon de Musiques presents a stage free chamber musical experience with champagne and high tea to follow at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion this Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
42. Do you have a little monster age 7-11? Take them to 826LA@Hammer: Creature Camp! Happening this Sunday, the workshop blends writing and creative activities together for a well rounded expereince an iPad can’t give you 😉 Reservations are strongly encouraged as space is limited: visit workshops.826la.org or call 310-915-0200. Drop-ins are welcome, if space allows. FREE
43. The LA Phil presents Kamasi Washington in Ask Your Mama a multimedia performance of Langston Hughes’ kaleidoscopic a 12-part jazz poem at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
44. The NASA’s Pavilion sound experience is now of view at The Huntington Library. A “soundscape” experience that represents the movement of the International Space Station and 19 Earth Science satellites the shell like sculpture emits sounds each interpreting one of the satellites’ missions. Open to the public till Feb. 27, 2017.
45. The bi-monthly Outdoor Antique Market returns to the Santa Monica Airport this Sunday. Happening on the first and fourth Sundays of every month shoppers can find a wide selection of estate jewelry, vintage fashion dealers, vintage art work, home furnishings and loads more.
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at email@example.com.