Wouldn’t it be great if someone put together a rundown of all the best free and cheap things to do this weekend in Los Angeles? Well here it is.
This weekend’s budget to-do list includes Fiesta Perpetua, the Frogtown Show, a NoHo ArtWalk and much more!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
2. [FREE] Head to Echo Park Lake for Fiesta Perpetua! Acclaimed experimental Mexican vocalist Carmina Escobar will lead a 40-member Oaxacan youth brass band in a performance on floating rafts and at spots surrounding the picturesque lake. SATURDAY
3. [FREE] L.A.’s only live animated comedy show Picture This! is back with another free show at The Virgil. This time they’ll also showcase live animated improv for the first time. SATURDAY
4. [FREE] Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day with a service and community event at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza. In honor of the beloved civil rights figure, Baldwin Hills will host a day of giving back with a variety of free services for individuals and families. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] Looking for a little free comedy this weekend in NELA? The Frogtown Show is a free monthly comedy show that takes place at Spoke Bicycle Cafe along the L.A. River. Light bites, wine and beer specials will be available for the evening. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] NoHo ArtWalk (second Saturdays) SATURDAY
7. [FREE] The Wallis in Beverly Hills will host “Dance Sundays” with famed actress/dancer/choreographer Debbie Allen. Suitable for the whole family, each month will feature a special dance theme, this month it’s Flamenco. SUNDAY
8. [FREE] The annual Happy Birthday Marion! event returns to celebrate the popular silent-era film actress with a fabulous vintage style party at the Annenberg Community Beach House. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Friendship Buddies is a weekly stand-up comedy show at the Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park. Come hangout in the back patio, enjoy a cocktail, and LOL to outstanding stand-up comedians in Los Angeles. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Enjoy a Ranger-led community (advanced) hike to Mt. Hollywood. It will be a 7-mile roundtrip trek. The group will meet at the Mineral Wells Picnic Area on Sunday morning at 7 a.m. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- LA Art Show FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Story Pirates Live Radio Show SATURDAY
- The Burger & Beerfest comes to Santa Anita Park SATURDAY
- Anime Impulse SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- DTLA Breweries United Fest ’18. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.