As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$2.50] Discount admission to the The Santa Monica Outdoor Antique & Collectible Market. SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
2.[FREE] The Los Angeles Master Chorale is hosting the 28th annual High School Choir Fest. Free performances will take place at the iconic Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown L.A. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] Interactive light and shadow installation THE WOODS invites viewers into a knee-high forest of twigs as moving lights automatically illuminate their path. The immersive installation only admits two people at a time and will run Thursday through Sunday. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
4. [FREE] The newly renovated Los Angeles State Historic Park is having a grand reopening celebration this weekend featuring music, performances, family-friendly activities and food trucks. Starts on 10 a.m. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] Los Angeles March for Science falls on Earth Day (April 22) From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., marchers will gather at Pershing Square to celebrate science and urge environmental, as well as human rights protection. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Celebrate Earth Day weekend with Renew- Reuse, Recycle, Restyle at Angel City Brewery this annual bazaar features live music, a clothing drive, photo booth, food, and more. This year’s event is being produced in collaboration with Society of St. Vincent de Paul Los Angeles. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] The 10th annual Record Store Day is filled with loads of local events. Stop by your local record store to buy special limited-edition vinyl and other releases, and for a chance to meet, see, and hear your favorite artists. There will also be cook-outs, body painting, parades and more! SATURDAY
8. [FREE] The annual L.A. Times Festival of Books returns to USC (April 22-23) for a two-day festival featuring live readings from authors, cooking demonstrations, intimate conversations and forward-thinking panels on U.S.C.’s campus. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Monterey Park Cherry Blossom Festival comes to Barnes Park April 22-23 for an arts event with entertainment, learning, and fun in honor of the Japanese American culture. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust’s 25th annual community Yom HaShoah Day of Holocaust Commemoration event will take place at Pan Pacific Park. The full day of learning, commemoration and reflection, will include a Yiddish poetry reading and conversation with Holocaust survivor artists at noon. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Celebrate the Ultimate Throwback with the 12th Annual Freestyle Festival in Long Beach. This one-day music festival will feature hit-makers from the 1980’s through 1990’s including Bell Biv Devoe, Lisa Lisa, The English Beat, Naughty by Nature and more. SATURDAY
- Come enjoy a lively celebration of art and community in Santa Monica at the Bergamot Station Spring Fling. SATURDAY
- Celebrate Earth Day with nature-filled events at Descanso Gardens! On April 22-23, guests at this beautiful garden in La Cañada Flintridge will be treated to springtime programs focused on flowers, garden plants and a blingy trunk show. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- California Poppy Festival. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- Dapper Day at Disneyland. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.