As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Downtown Los Angeles’ Union Station will conclude their ‘Sci-Fi At Union Station’ movie screening series with Her, Spike Jonze’s 2013 tale about a lonely man who falls in love with an operating system possessing artificial intelligence. FRIDAY
2. [FREE] Check out the opening-day event at Joey Wölffer at Platform LA in Culver City. At this shop-and-sip event guests will enjoy complimentary glasses of rosé from Joey’s Hamptons estate while browsing the designers collection of boho-luxe accessories. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] Angelenos can participate in World Oceans Day this weekend at the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium in San Pedro. The event will feature family-oriented activities, including arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, animal stories, a guided beach walk, a close-up look at baby animals and more. SATURDAY
4. [FREE] ARTsea Marina del Rey is a full day of pop-up art installations, dance, music, food, beach activities and more. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] A Design Field Day returns to Helms Bakery District in Culver City this Saturday. Titled This Modern Life: Embracing Life’s Imperfections, the full day of design will feature workshops, book signings, demonstrations, tastings, sweepstakes and a discussion with KCRW’s Design and Architecture host Frances Anderton and guests about the Zumthor LACMA Project. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Glassell Bark Community Block Party & Rescue Adoption hosts a day of fun featuring local entertainment, a doggie fashion show, food trucks, free professional family photoshoots, free microchipping, low-cost vaccines, pawdicures, doggie treats and freebies plus more! SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Head to the Santa Monica Pier for the 7th annual Pier Paddleboard Race & Ocean Festival. Watch as top athletes compete or compete in the races yourself! The day will be filled with live music, a beer garden, Polynesian dancing, a beach volleyball showcase, food vendors, and a surf history museum. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] The Los Angeles Cactus & Succulent Society will host their annual plant festival at the Sepulveda Garden Center June 10-11. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Come to Downtown’s Grand Park for the first of four Sunday Sessions at Grand Park featuring free music in tribute to L.A.’s house music scene. The June 11 lineup features Aaron Paar, Tony Watson, Scott K, and Vikter Duplaix. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] CicLAvia returns this Sunday! Bike, run, walk or skate during the newest closed-streets event taking place from Glendale to Atwater Village. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- The Natural History Museum’s First Fridays returns (on the second Friday of June) for the final event of 2017. First Fridays is an after hour series at the museum that features special music performances and themed panel discussions. This week focuses on: “LA History on Your Plate”
- The 39th Annual Playboy Jazz Festival returns to the Hollywood Bowl (June 10-11) with an impressive line up of guests including Comm on, Miles Mosely & the West Coast Get Down, Corinne Bailey Rae and much more. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- The 2017 L.A. Pride Festival in West Hollywood. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- HUSHfest: Sunset Silent Disco returns to the Santa Monica Pier for a night of dueling DJ’s and dancing to a ocean backdrop. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
- Comedy Store Headliner Show featuring Dane Cook, Margaret Cho, Harland Williams, Steve Hytner, and guests. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.