We ate a lot of good stuff this year.
2015 has been one epic foodie adventure at We Like L.A., and we’ve enjoyed trying everywhere from street food to tasting menus, food festivals to even judging a BBQ competition. Let’s just say we lived life to the fullest when it came to dining out.
Now we want to share some of our tastiest moments in hopes to inspire you to explore some of the gems below or start your own food journey throughout the city.
So without further adieu, here is a visual rundown of the best things we ate in the year that was.
(Listed in no particular order, numbered only for reference)
1. The Halo Halo At Nest WP24
2. Discada Tacos At The Briks
3. Fried Chicken & Churro Waffle At Toca Madera
4. Everything At The Eastside Food Festival
5. The Hamachi Tataki At The Larchmont
6. Pork Belly Risotto At Cavatina
7. The Tempura Plate At Otomisan
8. Judging The Long Beach BBQ Festival (Too Much BBQ To Even Keep Count!)
9. Flower Gelato At Amorino
10. Al Pastor At Leo’s Taco Truck
11. Santa Barbara & Japanese Uni At Maru
12. Chili Relleno Burrito At La Azteca Tortilleria
13. Everything At Baroo
14. Falafel Taco At Mexi Kosher
15. Swedish Candy At Sockerbit
16. Fried Chicken Sandwich At Major Daves Chicken
17. Matthew Biancaniello Pop Up AT The Fat Dog NOHO
18. Fried Olives Stuffed Olives At Gadarene Swine
19. Fluke Kumquat Sashimi At Sushi Roku
20. The Los Angeles Times The Taste Event (Three Days Of Food From The Best Restaurants In The City)
21. Porchetta Chili Cheese Fries At Stir Market
22. Wagyu Tongue At Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill
23. Peppercorn Broiled Fish At Chengdu Taste
24. Seafood Platter At Salt
25. Lamb Osso Buco Ragout At Artisan House
26. Mint Mojito Ice Coffee At Philz Coffee
27. Vegan Jackfruit Nachos At Sage
28. Fat Mary At The Fat Dog
29. Chile Relleno de Siete Mares At Maradentro
30. That One Time The We Like L.A. Team Did A Tasting Menu At Umami Burger (9 burgers, 9 drink pairings and fried apps!)
What did you eat in L.A. during 2015 that you absolutely loved? Share your pick in the comments below!