You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, September 2, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Head to downtown Hermosa Beach for Fiesta Hermosa Sep. 2-4 for one of the largest arts and crafts fairs in Southern California. Hosting over 300 artists, expect live music, a beer & wine garden and a kiddie carnival to entertain all day long. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sep. 1-24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Be sure to check for discounted admission while supplies last! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [noon] Step out in your most stylish attire during Dapper Day at LACMA for a full day of fashion, art, film, music and dancing. Enjoy docent-led tours, watch a screening of 1948 gem The Red Shoes, enjoy a picnic on the lawn or dine at Ray’s & Stark Bar at this popular gathering.
4. [noon] The 6th Annual Power Fest is returning to South Los Angeles on Saturday for a day of celebration, education, and empowerment. This free annual music festival aims to empower citizens, by focusing on education on the upcoming election and promote voting on important local and state ballot initiatives. FREE
5. [4 p.m.] Vegan Street Fair Nights returns on September 1-2 in North Hollywood at The Federal with local vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants and vendors serving up delicious plant based eats. The party will also feature a laid-back backyard party vibe with a beer garden, live music and over-sized lawn games.
6. [5 p.m.] Eat|See|Hear is back with a screening of Goodfellas at The Autry.
7. [5:30 p.m.] Made in L.A. is coming to Golden Road Brewing this Labor Day Weekend Sep 2-3 with a music and arts festival at their Glendale hangout. The festival is meant to celebrate Los Angeles-based creators and the diverse communities of L.A. through music, art, local charity support and, of course, beer.
8. [7 p.m.] There’s an opening reception for art duo kozyndan titled The Golden State at Gregorio Escalante Gallery in Chinatown. Guests will have a chance to view new work and installations that pay homage to the culture of California. FREE
9. [7:30 p.m.] The Los Angeles Times, The Taste returns to Paramount Studios Sep. 1-3 for five amazing food-centric events with some of L.A.’s best chefs, restaurateurs and mixologists over Labor Day weekend.
10. [8 p.m.] KCRW’s 2017 edition of Summer Nights is a free all ages outdoor music series happening throughout the summer. This Saturday they’ll takeover Chinatown with KCRW DJs Travis Holcombe and Raul Campos. FREE
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.