As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (January 15, 2016 to January 17, 2016) in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
10 Under $10
1. [FREE] The Last Book Review at The Last Bookstore (Friday).
2. [FREE] It’s the Pits at the La Brea Tar Pits (Friday)
3. [FREE] Free preview of My Sister at The Odyssey Theater (Friday)
4. [FREE] No-Snow Day at Angel City Brewery (Friday)
5. [FREE] Public Star Party at the Griffith Observatory (Saturday)
6. [FREE] Free play Saturdays at Royce’s Arcade Warehouse (Saturday)
7. [FREE] Modular Synthesis opening reception at Subliminal Projects (Saturday).
8. [FREE] Free Day at Museum of Latin American Art (Sunday)
9. [FREE] Close Encounters: Write Your Own Adventure (a kids program) at The Hammer (Sunday).
10. [FREE] Drawing From The Masters at The Getty Center
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Pasadena Cheeseburger Week concludes (Friday)
- The Absolute Brightness of Leonard Pelkey at The Kirk Douglas Theatre (Friday-Sunday*)
- Arcade Expo 2.0
- Broadway Sings Disney at The Rockwell (Saturday*)
- DEBATE-DEBATE at the Ace Hotel Theater
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided. Good while supplies last.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.