As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$9.20] Howl N’ Bowl Halloween Bash. SATURDAY (discounted via Goldstar)
2. [$7.50 Monsters Ball Halloween Costume Party at Alpine Village. SATURDAY (discounted via Goldstar)
3. [FREE] All Mars Considered at Griffith Observatory. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Beware the Dark Realm haunted house. Free with a canned food donation. FRIDAY-SATURDAY
5. [FREE] Grand Ave: All Access. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Dia De Los Muertos: Noche de Ofrenda in Grand Park. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Old Pasadena Halloween Celebration. SATURDAY-MONDAY
8. [FREE] 16th Annual Haute Dog Howl’oween Parade. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Free screening of animated film Book of Life at One Colorado in Pasadena. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] This Halloween weekend (Oct. 28-31) Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams will offer free mini-cones to kids in costume. ALL trick or treaters or adults in costumes this weekend will receive a “buy one, treat a friend card” a.k.a. a free small scoop with purchase of a small, trio, or sundae.
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Danny Elfman performs the Nightmare Before Christmas at the Hollywood Bowl. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- The 17th annual Dia de los Muertos celebration at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. SATURDAY
- 4th Annual Santa Monica Zombie Crawl. SATURDAY
- Tenacious D’s Festival Supreme. SATURDAY
- Slightly Spooky Stories at Descanso Gardens. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
Want more? Check out all of our full list of 60 awesome things to do this weekend in Los Angeles or visit the We Like L.A. Events Calendar page.
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.