Wouldn’t it be great if someone put together a rundown of all the best free and cheap things to do this weekend in Los Angeles? Well here it is.
This weekend’s budget to-dos includes First Fridays, Grand Ave Arts: All-Access, a party in Chinatown, and more!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays. FRIDAY
2. [FREE] Metro Art presents “L.A. Documentaries at Union Station,” a celebration of the city of Angels through true stories on film. Continuing the series is “Mur Murs” this Friday in the Historic Ticketing Hall. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] Free admission at: Norton Simon Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Self Help Graphics & Art is hosting their 44th annual celebration of Día de los Muertos in Boyle Heights this Saturday featuring a traditional ceremony blessing, food and craft vendors, face painting and children’s workshops. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] The third annual Grand Ave Arts: All Access returns to DTLA this Saturday and invites Angelenos to explore ten cultural institutions along Grand Avenue including the Broad, Mark Taper Forum and Grand Park. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] The inaugural DOPIUM.LA event will take place in the heart of Chinatown at Mandarin Plaza. The one-night art festival celebrates Asian American expression through food, music and never-before-seen art exhibits. The event aims to re-brand Chinatown as a modern, creative place. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Long Beach Airport’s annual Festival of Flight is a free community celebration featuring aircraft on static display, food trucks, a beer garden, and live music. This year’s event will feature a C-17 from March Airforce Base, the Charger Girls and more. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] The Griffith Park Fall Festival will feature live music, food, games and local craft brews. Keep in mind this event is designed to be car-free with a bike valet. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Woofstock 90210 is a canine-centric, family-friendly event taking place at Beverly Hills’ Roxbury Park this Sunday. Fun events for dogs and humans alike include pet adoptions/rescues, pet-related vendors, food trucks, a pet parade, face and body painting for both pets and people, live entertainment and more. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Fall in the Farm, at the Fairplex in Pomona is a free open-house event focusing on farm activities suitable for all ages including gardening, food and agricultural fun. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Eataly LA is finally opening its doors this Friday at 6 p.m. FRIDAY
- Lagunitas Beer Circus takes over the Pomona Fairplex. SATURDAY
- The Pizza & Beer Festival heads to L.A. Center Studios in Downtown L.A. SATURDAY
- OUE Skyspace LA is hosting a “Holiday Spirits” event where guests will learn how to create holiday cocktails, listen to holiday tunes and enjoy a ride on the Skyslide. SATURDAY
- Dapper Day Expo at Disneyland. SATURDAY-SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
Want more? Check out all of our full list of 42 awesome things to do this weekend in Los Angeles or visit the We Like L.A. Events Calendar page.
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.