As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] Free classic noir film series at Union Station continues with Criss Cross. FRIDAY
2. [FREE] All Space Considered FRIDAY
3. [FREE] Derek Jarman’s film Blue at The Getty. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Free admission days this Friday for: Norton Simon Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (noon to 5 pm), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 – 8 p.m.) FRIDAY
5. [FREE] The Pacific Theatres Winnetka will celebrate their grand re-opening by hosting FREE movies Nov. 3 to 6. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
6. [FREE] Greek Theatre Neighbors Pancake Breakfast. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Festival of Flight at the Long Beach Airport. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] Rising Tohoku Food Fair SATURDAY-SUNDAY
9. [FREE] The Great Rock and Roll Flea Market. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Creature Camp for kids at The Hammer Museum. SUNDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Doctor Strange in 3D at El Capitan FRIDAY-SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
- LA Weekly’s Artopia SATURDAY
- Esotouric Weird West Adams bus tour. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
- A Party Called Ron McNair at The Theatre at Ace Hotel. SATURDAY
- Mercado Sagrado at Paramount Ranch. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
Want more? Check out all of our full list of 45 awesome things to do this weekend in Los Angeles or visit the We Like L.A. Events Calendar page.
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.