As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[RELATED: The Best Way to Find Discount Events in Los Angeles]
1. [$9.00 including fees] Eat|See|Hear screens Edward Scissorhands * in Santa Monica on Saturday night.
2. [$7.50 including fees] A screening of The Graduate* at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater on Friday night.
3. [$7.50 including fees] Pick of the Fringe*, an abridged selection of the best plays of the Hollywood Fringe Festival
4. [FREE] Grand Performances Friday (The Gaslamp Killer Experience) and Saturday (I am Somebody: Wattstax Revisited) night in downtown Los Angeles.
5. [FREE] Pool Party at the Roosevelt produced by Third Bass LA featuring sounds by Mr. Little Jeans and more. Saturday starting at 9:00pm.
6. [FREE] The opening reception for Three Artists You Should Know, produced by the Art Directors Guild at Gallery 800.The current exhibition includes works by Emmy-winning production designer Corey Kaplan (Scandal), Oscar-winning production designer Gene Allen (My Fair Lady) and artist Stasys Pinkus (82nd Academy Awards). Saturday 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
7. [FREE] A dance party and free line dance lessons at The Music Center in DTLA. Friday at 7:00pm.
8. [FREE] A free kickoff concert for the upcoming 2015 BET Experience at L.A. LIVE
9. [FREE] Free admission to the LA Zoo on Father’s Day (Sunday) via #WescomKindness (freebies limited to first 600 guests).
10. [FREE] Free yoga at the Rose City Summer Solstice Festival in Pasadena on Sunday.
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.