As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
1. [$9.00 (or less) including fees] Jaws is screening at multiple locations/events all over Los Angeles on the 4th of July. Catch it at Eat|See|Hear in Santa Monica, Street Food Cinema at Brand Park, or at The Aero Theater.*
2. [$8.50 including fees] Willie Nelson celebrates 4th of July at the Aero Theater with a live concert.*
3. [$5.50 including fees] Special 4th of July admission at the Descanso Gardens.*
4. [$3.00] The 626 Night Market at Santa Anita Race Track takes place all weekend long. Includes free parking!
5. [FREE] In the Year 199X: A 90’s Anime Tribute Show at Meltdown Comics on Friday starting at 7:00pm
6. [FREE] First Friday festivities in Venice Beach, Bixby Knolls, and Pasadena (including free admission to the Norton Simon Museum after 5:00pm).
7. [FREE] Dance All Night at the Music Center in DTLA. Includes free group Argentine Tango lessons.
8. [FREE] A massive 4th of July Block Party at Grand Park in DTLA on Saturday.
9. [FREE] Hike to the newly christened Griffith Park Teahouse.
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.