As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (and Monday this week because of Labor Day!) in descending order from most to least expensive. Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
1. [$9.00] Fight Club at the Autry National Center for Eat|See|Hear.* (Saturday)
2. [$8.50] Sound of Music matinee at the Aero Theater in Santa Monica.* (Saturday)
3. [$8.00] Picture This! at The Satellite. 21+ only. (Sunday)
4. [$5.00 w/RVSP] Arrive before 2:30 to the Hotel Figueroa’s Wavey Pool Party on Labor Day and you get in for $5 if you RSVP. $10 after 2:30pm. $20 if you don’t RSVP. (Monday)
5. [$3.00] 626 Night Market. (Friday-Sunday) NOTE: An earlier version of this article erroneously had the price of 626 Night Market as $5.00
6. [FREE] First Fridays in Long Beach, Pasadena, & Abbott Kinney (Friday)
7. [FREE] Contemplate Art Viewing at The Hammer Museum (Friday)
8. [FREE] Fiesta Hermosa (Saturday-Monday)
9. [FREE] Hike with Ranger Ernie to the L.A. River bike path (Sunday)
10. [FREE] Free Fosselman’s soft serve ice cream at Dog Haus (Monday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.